I can't make a decision :(

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

grantsa4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2007
Naperville, IL
:confused: So, I have been reading this forum for about a month and have been trying to use the information to help decide which provider to go with. I am moving house soon and I can't stay with my current provider because they are not offered.

I like D* because they carry Setanta Sports and South African cricket, but their prices are off putting and I have not heard anything good about their DVR's.

E* has good pricing but then I read problems people have been having.

Then there is Comcast who I have heard so many horror stories about, but their triple play is very appealing. So many pro's and con's for each option - does anyone have any advice that could help make this decision easier?

I have a friend that lives and dies by E* and has had no problems and then a fmaily member that has not had issues with Comcast - so the decision is made even more difficult.

HD is important to me as well as DVR and I am a sports fan.

I have not heard many good stories about any of the companies customer service/support.

Any help?

:confused:

Check out the new Directv vs DISH comparison thread that's stickied at the top. It should help you decide betwen the two sat companies. Not sure on Comcast as I've never had them except for Cable Internet.

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

I can help you with Directv. But thats only if you want the help and have specific questions on whats good and whats bad.

Hi,
How long have u had Directv?
What makes it your choice over the others?
Have you ever had problems?
Have you tried their DVR/HD - any problems?
How is their customer service?

ANy help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Its simple. Comcast doesnt have a contract. So hook up with them. Test it out, if it sucks or your not happy you didnt lose anything. With any of the dish companies youw ill be stuck with your unwanted choice for 1 to 2 years before you can change.. So try comcast first.

The sat companies might have a trial period also where you could evaluate and then cancel before a certain period of time. You should ask them also.

Its simple. Comcast doesnt have a contract. So hook up with them. Test it out, if it sucks or your not happy you didnt lose anything. With any of the dish companies youw ill be stuck with your unwanted choice for 1 to 2 years before you can change.. So try comcast first.
That would be my recommendation, too.

Cable service and reliability is different block to block. My neighbor has nothing but trouble with Comcast digital images, but 2 blocks away, they seem to be fine. All it takes is one poor connection to cause all sorts of on going problems. If a bad connection is only affecting a few blocks, it can be very difficult to get a cable tech that is willing to track it down.
I would ask the cable customers in your immediate new neighborhood, if they have had any problems. Make sure you ask them what package they have. If they have basic cable and you go for full blown digital, you have to consider if their experience will help you.

You might also look at Globecast to see if they have enough programming to suit you.
They have the Setanta you mentioned above.
Beyond that, I have no info nor opinion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)