I Can't seem to ever WIN with Voom

Voomster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 21, 2004
SF Bay Area
It seems no matter how hard I try to get a holiday off from work while at the the same time get to enjoy my Va Va Voom System PROBLEM FREE....... I've already spent painless DAYS getting a new 24" Dish in hopes it would solve my rain fade problem. :(

Well now I know when it rains hard I'll have at least my (OTA) over the air free stations (Right ? wrong !) I have two Voom Sat Boxes one makes use of the S-video connector and one uses the DVI for the living room HDTV . So I now check my weather forcast to see if our S.F. Bay Area will have a few days of dry weather so I may enjoy my Voom HD stations without rain fade. :eek:

Now that the weather forcast proclained (( No Rain till after xmas )) :cool:

I thought i was going to have a trouble free Voom HD holiday in peace ;)

No ...not when Voom is your Satalite provider even if your lucky enough to a rain free week during the normal rainny season something else will fail. :p

Yesterday Voom's S-video Connection gave out , so I swapped the box to the living room, which an S-video connector was not used. In the process of moving the sat box to the to the other room , somehow all the (OTA) over the air channels disappeared - and can't seem to be added with Voom's Setup Wizzard (3) manual accepts the feq. number but does not work to add any
(4) automatic trys to find them all but auto tunes and finds 0 stations
but under Vooms Signal Strength get me a 99% signal strenth for (ota) and the bedroom box works perfect for ota

After spending about 1/2 hour with Voom customer service, they set up a service call for Xmas eve in the A.M. for a new replacment sat box.

If it were Comcast Cable and they set up a service call , you can be 100% certain they will bring you a new sat box ,if that was schedualed to be delivered to your home. But Voom uses Installs Inc. my chances of getting a replacement schedualed box and the Installs Inc guy showing up when he is schedualed, with the box in working order and accually installing it. is something closer to winning the lottery then a sure bet :mad:

Chances of getting a holiday off from work and have Voom working in both rooms ... at the time ...ei trobule free with out the worry of dealing with Voom customer service and Installs Inc. seems slim to none.... But hay a miracles do :rolleyes: happen.

Happy Holidays :D

Voomster :rainbow

Voomster said:
It seems no matter how hard I try to get a holiday off from work while at the the same time get to enjoy my Va Va Voom System PROBLEM FREE....... I've already spent painless DAYS getting a new 24" Dish in hopes it would solve my rain fade problem. :(

Well now I know when it rains hard I'll have at least my (OTA) over the air free stations (Right ? wrong !) I have two Voom Sat Boxes one makes use of the S-video connector and one uses the DVI for the living room HDTV . So I now check my weather forcast to see if our S.F. Bay Area will have a few days of dry weather so I may enjoy my Voom HD stations without rain fade. :eek:

Now that the weather forcast proclained (( No Rain till after xmas )) :cool:

I thought i was going to have a trouble free Voom HD holiday in peace ;)

No ...not when Voom is your Satalite provider even if your lucky enough to a rain free week during the normal rainny season something else will fail. :p

Yesterday Voom's S-video Connection gave out , so I swapped the box to the living room, which an S-video connector was not used. In the process of moving the sat box to the to the other room , somehow all the (OTA) over the air channels disappeared - and can't seem to be added with Voom's Setup Wizzard (3) manual accepts the feq. number but does not work to add any
(4) automatic trys to find them all but auto tunes and finds 0 stations
but under Vooms Signal Strength get me a 99% signal strenth for (ota) and the bedroom box works perfect for ota

After spending about 1/2 hour with Voom customer service, they set up a service call for Xmas eve in the A.M. for a new replacment sat box.

If it were Comcast Cable and they set up a service call , you can be 100% certain they will bring you a new sat box ,if that was schedualed to be delivered to your home. But Voom uses Installs Inc. my chances of getting a replacement schedualed box and the Installs Inc guy showing up when he is schedualed, with the box in working order and accually installing it. is something closer to winning the lottery then a sure bet :mad:

Chances of getting a holiday off from work and have Voom working in both rooms ... at the time ...ei trobule free with out the worry of dealing with Voom customer service and Installs Inc. seems slim to none.... But hay a miracles do :rolleyes: happen.

Happy Holidays :D

Voomster :rainbow

xmas eve ? wow you are actually pretty lucky i get jan 3rd and this after a cancellation from dec 17th, but watch yourself here alot of the Voomers dont like you talking bad about Voom they try really hard to squash any attempt at a dissatisfied customer saying too much negative. they will blame everyone except VOOM , installs inc, the local installers, the fed ex guy who was supposed to deliver to the local installer everyone except voom is at fault around here , i find that rather funny, and if you havent noticed im not a happy voomer, my service has not worked 21 out of 28 days. thats bad business ! good luck in your vooming, voom along with the local installer , the fedex guy and installs inc has done nothing to kepp me vooming <<<<im hoping i covered everybody there because i wouldnt want anyone to think VOOM was alone in their guilt LOL

stevesmall said:
... but watch yourself here alot of the Voomers dont like you talking bad about Voom they try really hard to squash any attempt at a dissatisfied customer saying too much negative.

So, stevesmall, how is this forum squashing you, ha? You've been very productive describing your lack of success with Voom over and over and over, and I doubt that the mods are deleting many of your posts. Are they?

andrzej said:
So, stevesmall, how is this forum squashing you, ha? You've been very productive describing your lack of success with Voom over and over and over, and I doubt that the mods are deleting many of your posts. Are they?
Productive ? thanks that was my goal but for every post there are a few and sadly i mean only a few that come to the defense of VOOM, consistently defending Voom and placing the blame on installs inc and the local installers, one person defending voom even went as far to say there are too many hands in the mix. well thats the problem right there, if there are too many hands in the mix VOOM needs to take charge and fix the issues, as of now i am still a VOOM customer and have every right to make these statements, none of you VOOM supporters have ever even commented on my statements of , (in numerous posts) i want VOOM, i want loads of HDTV some of you just seem to want to defend VOOM none of you here should feel the need to defend VOOM, state your good experiences and go on, what are some of you trying to justify? that you bought into a badly run sat company, well you know what so did i ! twice. BUt still that doesnt change the fact that i have 3 boxes in my house an extra sat dish, and an extra ota antenna for nothing. so thanks TO VOOM for the paperweights but i would MUCH RATHER BE WATCHING HDTV. NOT thru Directv but thru VOOM and yes because they deliver (TO SOME) more hdtv than anyone else. i am not the only negative post here, not by far but just about every one gets the patented response, which are, go watch your directv, or its not vooms fault installs inc is so bad. What you dont seem to get is . IT IS VOOMS FAULT

andrzej said:
And i never once claimed that posts were being deleted

Hi:
When I moved my box I had the same type of problem. unplug the box, pull out and re-install the 8vsb box in the back. Then plug in the box. I think you need the antenna cable attached before you plug the box back in. I think thats how I did it - It took me a couple of tries to get the combination right but it seemed like the box needs to have the OTA signal during hard re-boot to recognize the signal. As the VOOM defenders always tell you - don't expect a CSR to ever be able to help you - and it is your own fault for expecting them to - how this is a defense of VOOM I do not quite understand. You would at least expect CSR's to know how their own boxes work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)