I cant wait for Nagravision2.... Details inside.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
ultatryon said:
I dont see why not, as far as i can see, its just an altered software image, I would think you just put the original software back in, and be on your way.

Yep, very easy. The original software can be downloaded from the mfg.'s site and then loaded on to the receiver from your computr. They occassionally have upgrades so it is nice to be able to perform this function. You might want to consider downloading some software called g-tools. Although it is used mainly by the hackers, it is a legit tool and can be used to download and upload your channel list. This is especially helpful if you end up upgrading the software as mentioned earlier.

I do hope nagra2 fixes the problem so we willl see the market flooded by cheap used receivers. Last year when E did an ecm, I thought it was going to happen then but then the hackers managed to keep stealing.

btw, There is a new Pansat called a 2700 which is supposed to be better than the 2500. Hopefully, the prices on it will drop also.

Any software or hardware scheme can be defeated - the key is to make it so hard or costly to defeat that the people that want to steal the signal do not find it attractive.

This is the inherit danger that technology presents: there is no absolute security. If it is Radio Waves and can be intercepted.

Oh well - I hope you guys are correct but I will not hold my breath for cheaper receivers - it will not take too long before they figure it out.

charper1 said:
i don't think encrypted c-band (VC/VCII/VCII+) has ever been hacked, and that is decades old. and to my knowledge, neither has Digicipher/DCII.

Here are some of the others I know off the top of my head outside of D*, E*, and BUD, but I don't know their status on security.

PowerVu/PowerVu+
Cryptoworks
Codicrypt
Irdeto/Irdeto 1/Irdeto 2
Conax
Wegener
Viaccess/Viaccess 2.3/2.4/2.5
Videoguard
Mediaguard
RAS
MDS
BISS
Canal+
SECA

I'm from Europe and since here there's a fierce competition between the various encryption companies (hence so many pirate keys are published) here's the status of the systems I know:

PowerVu/PowerVu+:
not hacked. I mean in order for normal people to have access but only for professional hackers

Cryptoworks:
not hacked

Codicrypt:
not hacked

Irdeto/Irdeto 1/Irdeto 2:
Irdeto 1 hacked some years ago. only one Dutch provider uses it. Irdeto 2 not hacked but some card sharing programms with help of client and server computers can be used.

Conax:
partially hacked in a provider, but they changed the nanokeys and remains unhacked for now.
Wegener:
no info

Viaccess/Viaccess 2.3/2.4/2.5:
2.3 and 2.4 are hacked. 2.5 not yet but I guess it is a matter of time

Videoguard:
not hacked. but recently an NDS CAM was introduced for Swedish provider Viasat, which means you dont have to buy the providers receiver. If Sky Digital and others will follow suite?

Mediaguard/Seca/Canal+:
Mediaguard and Seca are the same. Canal+ uses Seca encryption. Seca 1 was hacked, Seca2 partially in some providers (Cyfra Poland). But they changed keys and Dreambox owners await for new emulators. French Seca was hacked for a while but they changed keys and the buyers of the hacked smartcard cried for their money.

RAS MDS BISS:no info

Nagravision1/2/3:
V1 hacked already, version 2 and 3 remain unhacked. though I heard that in Canada they managed to hack V2. but no official CAM yet except for Digital+ 19 which uses V3 and runs on any receiver with Aston Cam

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)