I changed a SD105 to a SD 121 with 129 easily!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
My "locals" are going to 129. I really don't live where my locals are coming from, so I decided to do something with the Superdish. I had been thinking about getting some programming from 121, so I decided to try repointing.

I decided to post this in case anyone else was thinking about converting a SD105 to SD121 and also have 129.

I changed the skew and repointed the dish to 121. No problem, good signal.

I thought about trying to get 129 from the SD because I was trying to avoid having 3 dishes.

I took the shroud off along with the 119 and 110 LNBs.

I took the 110 LNB, the one without the plastic housing, and tried to find the point where the 129 LNB should go.

THE LNB FIT PERFECLY into the slot that really doesn't look like a place for a LNB. I do not have a pic, but if you are familiar with the SD 105, you know that there is a screw that connects the top cover to the bottom; that screw goes through the bottom plastic piece, through the metal bracket for the LNBs, then to the top cover. I put the LNB in that slot with a screw and a nut. I got just as good of a signal as I did pointing a D300 at 129!

So, I was able to get 121 and 129 from one dish and 110/119 with a D500.

I just hope that those LNBs will be OK without any housing. I can't fit the housing over all of them.

I wonder if there is a way to get 110, 119, and 129 with a SuperDish? Maybe there will be a lot of SuperDishes laying around once the Dish1000 swapout takes place unless Dish Network wants us to ship everything but the reflector back because of how expensive they are.

I held a LNB to the opposite side and was able to get 110, but was only able to get 119 at 50.

I really wonder, since it fits perfectly, if they weren't thinking of being able to convert the SD105 to a 121/129 combination.

I just wish they had a shroad for it. I hope the FSS LNB doesn't go bad.

I think they have thought of some possibilities when making that dish. It would be good for the company if they could make the SuperDishes work with 129. Perhaps they will make a kit to where people can repoint their SuperDishes to get them to work with 129 with a new lnbf kit using existing 110 and 119 lnbf's but get a new 129 lnbf and new metal peice to put on the end to make it work and change the skew, elevation, and azimuth settings. The DP-34 switch would work with this and would be the cheapest option to Dish Network and could be a big possibility instead of swapping them all out to a Dish1000.

Dave nye said:
How did you get a 105SD to point at 121. The LNB layout of the two is totaly different.

I set the skew where the receiver told me to. I set the elevation; it was a little off from where the receiver told me tp put it by 2 degrees. I heard the beep from tha sat meter, then I had 121.

The LNB layouts are different, but I'm not getting 110/119 with the SD, those are coming from a D500. I'm getting 121 and 129 from the SD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)