I did it and it works!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Musher

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
Yes! I did it and it works, I got the new motor up and running and get 74.oW all the way to 125.oW. The motor is a SG9120 Powertech from WS International. But the only problem I had was that my Nfusion HD receiver was moving the motor but would not stop and lock. So I went and got the Fortec Star Dymanic receiver and and used the USALS and started with my ture south sat 89.oW Galaxy 28 bingo! then 97.oW Bingo!! and so on from ONN to PBS.
I took the receiver's out side to use and the Sat Hawk 5000 meter too. Over the last three days I spent about 12 hours working on it but today I won this battle now the next one. The next battle is to Re-Plumb the pole that is mounted on the roof so I can move the dish & motor back up there. I do need to tweak the signal a little right now (SS 77-83%) (SQ 45-70%) the signal quailty is a little low.
I do have this question? Will a DMX741U C/Ku band LNBF work some what well on a 90cm dish?
But all in all I say "I did it!":)

Musher

Musher...Congrats on the install. If you're trying to get Cband on the small dish? Probably not. Some have had some success with a 1.2 meter dish. I had a six foot and just went to an 8 footer. If you just want to use the C/KU combination Lnb guess you could just use the KU side of the Lnb. Cband takes a good size dish for a reliable signal. Blind

I'd be surprised if you could get anything useful on the "combo" lnbf . It's designed for a C-band dish, not a Ku band dish. I gave up trying to use a combo lnbf on my 1.2M dish, because I really couldn't get decent Ku band stuff on it, once I peaked the C-band. My advice is to get at least a 1M dish to play with min-BUD configurations, and just get a dual output C-band lnbf, like the DMX242 or Geosat Pro C-2 . You could likely pick up the CW stuff on 91W, the Virgin Island Network stuff on 99W, and STO SD on 121W, at a minimum.

:)

Hey thanks for the input, right now I have a Invacom SNH-031 LNBF on it.
I did buy one but not up yet wanted to know first.
I do have a problem at 125w, I get NO audio from 12180 V (PBS World) do I need an AC3?
Musher

Yes! I did it and it works, I got the new motor up and running and get 74.oW all the way to 125.oW. The motor is a SG9120 Powertech from WS International. But the only problem I had was that my Nfusion HD receiver was moving the motor but would not stop and lock. So I went and got the Fortec Star Dymanic receiver and and used the USALS and started with my ture south sat 89.oW Galaxy 28 bingo! then 97.oW Bingo!! and so on from ONN to PBS.
I took the receiver's out side to use and the Sat Hawk 5000 meter too. Over the last three days I spent about 12 hours working on it but today I won this battle now the next one. The next battle is to Re-Plumb the pole that is mounted on the roof so I can move the dish & motor back up there. I do need to tweak the signal a little right now (SS 77-83%) (SQ 45-70%) the signal quailty is a little low.
I do have this question? Will a DMX741U C/Ku band LNBF work some what well on a 90cm dish?
But all in all I say "I did it!":)

Musher

Congratulations Musher! Don't it feel great? YAHOO! :D

If you have the time to do so, would you tell everyone exactly what you did to arrive at your success? You don't have to be obligated to do this, but it would be a nice gesture if you would. Other's could learn from your experience and it would be a great read for everyone!

RADAR

brentb thanks for the info, so it is AC3.

AcWxRadar, After pounding my head against a brick wall and almost through everything out into the trash I had the time this week to do it. I feel GREAT!!:D
The best and biggest advice I can give is TAKE YOUR AND GO SLOW AND COME HERE AND ASK ALL THOSE QUESTION! Because of all the good and honest people HERE:)

Will Post more tomorrow.

Musher

i did it

congratulations Musher. i know from recent personal experience how awesome it is to do it yourself and see the quality numbers go up when you lock on a sat!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)