I did it!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Popcorn, I've still got the original remote and learned to just fuss at it lol...I really should get a better one myself. I've got a 36" Primestar I motorized for KU stuff. Montana PBS is still too choppy to watch. Almost everything else is good. I'm not going to get a 4 foot dish for a channel or two on KU lol....Have you tried using the software editor that was floating around here for the unit? I Think its an Ali editor anyway I've had good luck with it. Makes getting the CW on 91W easy...Blind

I just ordered the new version 3.0 remote control for $19.95 from ******* This new remote looks a lot better and should work better then the older version 2.0 which came with the receiver from HyperMegaSat.

I believe a company like HyperMegaSat should be shipping these receivers with the new version 3.0 remote, batteries for the remote and possibly even a HDMI cable. Plus they should ship in a larger box for better protection during shipment.

You'll really like the Version 3 Remote.....a world of difference in the Response of the buttons !!

Popcorn, I've still got the original remote and learned to just fuss at it lol...I really should get a better one myself. I've got a 36" Primestar I motorized for KU stuff. Montana PBS is still too choppy to watch. Almost everything else is good. I'm not going to get a 4 foot dish for a channel or two on KU lol....Have you tried using the software editor that was floating around here for the unit? I Think its an Ali editor anyway I've had good luck with it. Makes getting the CW on 91W easy...Blind

My wife and I enjoy the Saturday night British shows on Montana PBS so much that we call it "Saturday night date night". We watch them in the bedroom while enjoying a snack like cheese and crackers along with some wine. I want to see if the other DVB-S2 PBS channels on that satellite air British shows as well. If so, we might just need to add an additional date night to our calendars. :)

My wife and I enjoy the Saturday night British shows on Montana PBS so much that we call it "Saturday night date night". We watch them in the bedroom while enjoying a snack like cheese and crackers along with some wine. I want to see if the other DVB-S2 PBS channels on that satellite air British shows as well. If so, we might just need to add an additional date night to our calendars. :)

I'm the same way except I'm more of an ale guy, India Pale Ale to be precise.

OETA and LPB both carry BritCom's. In fact, since the signal on Montana PBS is so so bad I watch mainly OETA now.

Last of the Summer Wine and Waiting for God are on Monday - Friday 11PM to 12 PM Central Time.

Saturday night lineup is; Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By and Fawlty Towers.

Better get some more wine and cheese!

I'm the same way except I'm more of an ale guy, India Pale Ale to be precise.

OETA and LPB both carry BritCom's. In fact, since the signal on Montana PBS is so so bad I watch mainly OETA now.

Last of the Summer Wine and Waiting for God are on Monday - Friday 11PM to 12 PM Central Time.

Saturday night lineup is; Are You Being Served, Keeping Up Appearances, As Time Goes By and Fawlty Towers.

Better get some more wine and cheese!

Excellent!

I just purchased a Spitfire Elite LNB on Ebay for $17 including shipping. Hopefully this will help me tune in Montana PBS better.

Now the Spitfire Elite LNB's are only $14.89 with free shipping at HyperMegaSat. I just paid $2 more on EBay from HyperMegaSat. I guess you need to shop around before you buy.

Last night I received the 1TB external USB hard drive and installed it onto the Openbox S9 receiver. The receiver immediately recognized it and displayed all the hard drive parameters. I now need to read the owners manual for the Openbox S9 receiver to see if any special formatting or anything needs to be configured before attempting to record programming.

I then watched a movie on the "golden nugget" channel that looked fantastic in HD. Afterwards I tuned to Galaxy 17 (C band) and to my surprise found the "Reelz" channel ITC that looked great also.

So far I'm liking this new receiver very much. I programmed some satellites using USALS and it worked wonderfully. I'm looking forward to receiving the new version 3.0 remote control.

Last edited:
Last night I received the 1TB external USB hard drive and installed it onto the Openbox S9 receiver. The receiver immediately recognized it and displayed all the hard drive parameters. I now need to read the owners manual for the Openbox S9 receiver to see if any special formatting or anything needs to be configured before attempting to record programming.

I then watched a movie on the "golden nugget" channel that looked fantastic in HD. Afterwards I tuned to Galaxy 17 (C band) and to my surprise found the "Reelz" channel ITC that looked great also.

So far I'm liking this new receiver very much. I programmed some satellites using USALS and it worked wonderfully. I'm looking forward to receiving the new version 3.0 remote control.

I'm liking my Solomend 800 version a lot , too. It's a bargain, no doubt about that. Currently running both my motorized 1.0M dish and the 6 foot BUD/Gbox/actuator off of the receiver without a problem. For the price , it's a very competent little stb.
:)

Can anyone tell me what the latest version of firmware is for this receiver? I had read that upgrading firmware causes you to lose all the satellites already programmed and I hate to spend all the time doing so and then upgrading firmware. Hopefully it shipped with the latest version.

Unless you have an ancient version of the firmware, you can save your satellites/transponders/channels and re-load them later.

The version I have, which is reasonably current (newer fixes don't do anything for non-pirates, as far as I know, and maybe even this version didn't) is HDS2-10-08-31:1810CMT. Yours may not have the exact same version, since some American distributors ship versions without CAM emulators even though it's fairly useless for piracy here without turbo-psk capability.

Popcorn, If you save everything using the Ali Editor? I think its called, you won't loose everything. I use a 4Gb USB, backup the Sathawk up on it...load the USB in computer...edit and then load changes back to the Sathawk. Saves everything....made things a lot easier....Blind

Editor: it's the only way to enter pids. I didn't have to format the usb hdd. I just hit record and away it went.

Editor: it's the only way to enter pids. I didn't have to format the usb hdd. I just hit record and away it went.

I believe I saw a way to manually enter the PIDS last night in the manual. I didn't however get a chance to try it out due to my wife wanting to watch TV. :)

Anyone have any luck using the timer to record? It's not working for me.

The timer works if you leave the receiver on.

Unfortunately, unless they've changed it lately, it then shuts off after a recording, so you can't record more than one thing.

The head of another FTA site has been bugging them about it, he says they're supposed to have new software for the American market this month but he doesn't know for sure if it'll address the timer issue.

The timer works if you leave the receiver on.

Unfortunately, unless they've changed it lately, it then shuts off after a recording, so you can't record more than one thing.

The head of another FTA site has been bugging them about it, he says they're supposed to have new software for the American market this month but he doesn't know for sure if it'll address the timer issue.

Very good to know. I'll check the current firmware version tonight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)