I did OTA by the install date; I wish I could do the dish

jsb_hburg

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 12, 2003
I installed an eight-bay bowtie for UHF with a rotor and a three dollar Radio Shack closeout (VU-110) for VHF (saved for this occasion) on the same 8.25 foot mast. It was like my own personal rooftop Iwo Jima I never want to experience again in my life.

Moving the antenna to the roof was needed. Signal strength is now excellent across all local digital channels. Previously, the eight-bay was in the attic; reception of the Lancaster NBC station was spotty at best. The OTA work was done in preparation for today's scheduled dish install since I did not want to settle for the Sensor considering that the towers are all over the place.

I wish I could do a self-install as I have installed about four D* dishes, single and multi-sat. All that is needed is to install the dish adjacent to the antenna on the roof. All the wiring is done.

Emerald Cabling & Satellite was supposed to do the install but they were a no call, no show. I waited 12 days. I tried the various cell phone numbers for them; I got nothing but voicemail. I even called Voom to confirm the appointment days in advance. So, now I will wait for the next install date.

Emerald Cabling

Emerald Cabling ? Baltimore Md.
What a joke !
Are they still ripping people on satellite installs?

PM Me if they ever show up and make sure you get your installers name.
They told me they where no longer in sat. business and owe me for installs completed LAST YEAR.

Good Luck

jsb_hburg said:
I installed an eight-bay bowtie for UHF with a rotor and a three dollar Radio Shack closeout (VU-110) for VHF (saved for this occasion) on the same 8.25 foot mast. It was like my own personal rooftop Iwo Jima I never want to experience again in my life.

Moving the antenna to the roof was needed. Signal strength is now excellent across all local digital channels. Previously, the eight-bay was in the attic; reception of the Lancaster NBC station was spotty at best. The OTA work was done in preparation for today's scheduled dish install since I did not want to settle for the Sensor considering that the towers are all over the place.

I wish I could do a self-install as I have installed about four D* dishes, single and multi-sat. All that is needed is to install the dish adjacent to the antenna on the roof. All the wiring is done.

Emerald Cabling & Satellite was supposed to do the install but they were a no call, no show. I waited 12 days. I tried the various cell phone numbers for them; I got nothing but voicemail. I even called Voom to confirm the appointment days in advance. So, now I will wait for the next install date.

So did they get you install today or not let me know?

TYORK said:
So did they get you install today or not let me know?

Hello,

No, they did not. I called Voom to change the work order from a two to a three room install under the $1 deal since the install hasn't happened yet.

I would appreciate anything that you can do to make the install happen.

jsb_hburg said:
Hello,

No, they did not. I called Voom to change the work order from a two to a three room install under the $1 deal since the install hasn't happened yet.

You have saved your self huge headaches by doing the antenna install yourself.

jsb_hburg said:
Hello,

send me your name phone, and where your are located to tyork37@msn.com and i will send you problem to the Regional Manager

vurbano said:
TYork, Voom needs to give you service for free for the amount of customers you help.

Thanks vurbano, MMMMMMMMMMM that would be an ideal LOL. Just glad i can help people out.

tyork

TYORK said:
Thanks vurbano, MMMMMMMMMMM that would be an ideal LOL. Just glad i can help people out.

tyork

Im serious, at this point every potential sub is critical. And getting them installed is key. A major part of Voom advertising is going to be word of mouth without being in major retail stores. Good work!

just to let everyone know If you have No Call No Shows pm me or email to tyork37@msn.com and i will help all i can . SO if you know someone that need help let them know.

tyork

TYORK,

Thanks! Allen Ruiz Satellite from down the street did the install today, taking about an hour to complete. I don't understand why the job was originally farmed out to a Baltimore outfit 55 miles away. I am pleased that all worked out.

jsb_hburg said:
TYORK,

Thanks! Allen Ruiz Satellite from down the street did the install today, taking about an hour to complete. I don't understand why the job was originally farmed out to a Baltimore outfit 55 miles away. I am pleased that all worked out.

No Problem Joe
Glad i could help glad to here everything work out for you hope you enjoy voom!!!!!

tyork

branchbouncer said:
We should tell VOOM to get rid of Install Inc.and hire-- TYORK Inc--VOOM would have a much better install record
Amen and amen!! I still think she should be the VP of Installation with the new VoOm! Stock options, big bucks, limos to the problem spots!! :D Vicki

Photo of my install

Linked is a photo of my install. I installed the OTA antenna. It is a 1 MB file. I use the rotor to get Baltimore stations. Local stations are at 20, 95, 150, and 340 degrees which helps to explain why I used two antennas. Luckily, VHF is in one direction and UHF, the other.

Attachments

• IMG_0379.jpg
    IMG_0379.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 247

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)