I finally found a connector I really like!

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
Over the years I have been on here complaining about several "F" connectors.

EX: The PPC EX XL are too hard to push on some cables

The Digicons are a little difficult to push on, at times, and a little more difficult to compress. They will also lock up if not compressed correctly.

Although it's a "universal" connector, the PPC EX series will sometimes split the metal ring when compressed on RG6 quad underground, specifically the Commscope with the harder jacket.

I really liked the PPC gel filled crimp connectors, but you had to have seperate connectors for indoors/outdoors because the gel sometimes would run out.

I recently tried the Snap N Seal ultimates (the ones with the red compression ring). They seem to slide on with ease and work on all shields. They are a little difficult to install on quad, but, just pop the red ring off, slide it onto the cable first, push the connector on, then compress it.

The SNS Ultimates seem to be easiest on the fingers! I have never tried Gilbert or Stirling, so they might not be "the best", but, so far, they are the best I've seen!

If anyone has any comments about what they think is the best connector and why, please make them! I would really like to know how people like the newer Gilbert Ultraease connectors, although I do not think they make a "unversal" connector.

I like PPC if not using Quad Shield, which I don't use much anyway.

Have any of you guys tried the Holland Compression Connectors? On top of the fact they are simple to install on Quad, they have a grove on them that you can put a color ring in. Oh yeah, they are approved for DirecTV and Dishnet Installs.

I HAVE to use a flaring tool though. I will never install Quad again without one :)

Quad shield fitting installation is all in the proper prep work on the braid itself...Takes about 2 seconds longer...

BTW...The BEST is SNS fittings. The Ultimates are just a 'universal' fitting. They are OK but pull off too easily on single shield cable IMHO...Use the proper fittings for te cable being used and there is no problem.

Quad shield fitting installation is all in the proper prep work on the braid itself...

Very True! I use a flaring tool for Quad Shield and Cold
Winter days. It is by far the BEST tool in my belt, techs are always amazed when they see how effortlessly I install Quad connectors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)