I finally got Distant CBS HD!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

nazz

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 4, 2006
I signed up with Dish in May and have been trying to get the distant CBS HD out of NY ever since. I already had my own waiver that I obtained back when I needed it for DirecTV. Dish kept telling me they had to request the waiver and I convinced them after much explaining to allow me to fax mine to them. I called and talked to several different departments including supervisors and some executive help guy and kept getting the run around until I finally gave up.

I decided to call again today and the CSR kept apologizing but was very confused by my explanation and the notes on my account. Even though I told him several times that I had 61.5 and just needed the channel activated he decided it was a technical problem and transferred me to that department. She said she didn't see it on my account and couldn't add it. She read through the notes and finally put me on hold. She came back and said it should appear in 15-30 minutes and somehow accomplished what nobody else could in three months.

I checked after a while and there was my new CBS HD to watch while I wait for them to activate Indy! :D :up

Last edited:
You're just going to lose it when Dish does the requalification of all DNS customers per their settlement. You clearly have no legal right to receive it if you're in the Indy DMA.

Isn't the reason that you get a waiver so you do have a legal right to receive it? How is it clearly not legal?

GeorgeLV said:
You're just going to lose it when Dish does the requalification of all DNS customers per their settlement. You clearly have no legal right to receive it if you're in the Indy DMA.

Not true.. that was for sd dns... Dish currently doesnt have an agreement for the digital side of the house and dns, thus nobody recives hd via dns. The only agreement that is in place right now is CBS. With a waver or if you live in an O and O area (cbs owned and operated) you can get CBS HD provided if you have a dish pointed at 61.5 or 148.

Thanks for that info, Goaliebob99. I would really like to enjoy this small victory.

HELP NEEDED ASAP - CBS HD with a WAIVER

It took 3 months to get a waiver from my CBS and Fox locals. But DN repeatedly says I can't receive the HD channels. I argued more than once with them regarding CBS HD, which I think I should receive based on their website (since I have the waiver, but no success so far). I receive fox and cbs sd channels from NY. Any Advice on how to approach this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

HDTVFanAtic said:
Actually, this action that the OP documented is exactly why Dish in trouble with DNS to begin with.

I'd be interested if you would elaborate on that. Why would they get in legal trouble for activating CBS HD with a waiver from the local affiliate? Are you saying that they got in trouble because of their lack of efficiently handling the activations because I could see that as a problem.

nazz said:
I'd be interested if you would elaborate on that. Why would they get in legal trouble for activating CBS HD with a waiver from the local affiliate? Are you saying that they got in trouble because of their lack of efficiently handling the activations because I could see that as a problem.

Has nothing to do with CBS-HD as the source - has to do with their authorization process. As he was originally told (which is their policy) the waivers must come directly from the station to prevent someone from using "photoshop" to get waivers. If you have any doubt on that, look at this thread including post #6.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=76147

By continuing to liberally break their own policies, that is what got them in trouble in the first place - and clearly they have still yet to figure that out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)