I finally need DISH service for inferior product

rvvaquero

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 3, 2012
SE Texas
Wow, after over 20 years off and on DISH network satellite TV, I will finally need a service call. I've never had DISH out before, just always did my own installs and troubleshooting.

However, this coming Saturday between 8 am and Noon, a DISH service rep will be visiting my home.........................to repair my Samsung oven. :nana

Wow, after over 20 years off and on DISH network satellite TV, I will finally need a service call. I've never had DISH out before, just always did my own installs and troubleshooting.

However, this coming Saturday between 8 am and Noon, a DISH service rep will be visiting my home.........................to repair my Samsung oven. :nana

Dish repairs ovens?

Yep, they will unplug anything that interferes with your signal. ;) My microwave was messing up my service too a while back.

And washing machines, and dryers, and refrigerators, and. ...

We used to repair cell phones also. Replaced batteries and broken screens.

Doesn't that require lots of training time? I mean a guy might know how to do one or two of those things right off the bat, but they also have to learn how to do the satellite installs too. Just curious

Doesn't that require lots of training time? I mean a gut might know how to do one or two of those things ofd the bat, but they also have to learn how to do the satellite installs too. Just curious
Yeah, it's not every technician they have that does it. Luckily I'm a contractor, not an in house tech, so as of right now, I don't have to worry about doing that. For a short while I was doing appliance checkups, basically the yearly check customers get with their warranted appliances. It's a partnership dish has with Sears. I got almost no training on that, misty watched a couple videos online at home.

Doesn't that require lots of training time? I mean a guy might know how to do one or two of those things right off the bat, but they also have to learn how to do the satellite installs too. Just curious
If you didn't know, Dish is really branching out on other things. We sell and install Polk Audio surround systems, tv wall mounts, Nest products(cameras, door bells, locks, thermostats), they're testing Sonos and other audio products in a few markets right now also. As well as the ioT and 5g projects that have recently started..

Reactions: charlesrshell
If you didn't know, Dish is really branching out on other things. We sell and install Polk Audio surround systems, tv wall mounts, Nest products(cameras, door bells, locks, thermostats), they're testing Sonos and other audio products in a few markets right now also. As well as the ioT and 5g projects that have recently started..

I had heard about the other A/V stuff they do, like mounting TV's and selling soundbars and whatnot. That made sense to me since Dish is in the TV biz. I did not know they were into appliance repair, though. Learn something new every day!

I talked to the Dish tech who re-peaked my dish recently about their antenna install service. He didn't have any on his truck, so I don't know what kind of antenna it is. Kind of curious how good the antenna is. Not many people around here do antenna installation. Dish is the only one I know of.

I talked to the Dish tech who re-peaked my dish recently about their antenna install service. He didn't have any on his truck, so I don't know what kind of antenna it is. Kind of curious how good the antenna is. Not many people around here do antenna installation. Dish is the only one I know of.

Depending on who does the install, it's either the King Jack powered antenna or the Televes powered antenna

I have not experimented with the Televes antenna personally, but my parents have the King Jack and it is a phenomenal antenna in terms of sensitivity and range.

IMG_0051 (1).JPG
IMG_0050 (1).JPG
IMG_0049 (1).JPG

Reactions: TheKrell and ncted
Depending on who does the install, it's either the King Jack powered antenna or the Televes powered antenna

I have not experimented with the Televes antenna personally, but my parents have the King Jack and it is a phenomenal antenna in terms of sensitivity and range.

I actually just bought the newer version of the Televes antenna. They've improved it now with pull out side poles to increase VHF reception. I haven't had a chance to try it get but I've read good things about the original so I'm hoping the newer version will be as good, or better. Based on the reviews I've seen it is pretty good.

Reactions: HipKat
I actually just bought the newer version of the Televes antenna. They've improved it now with pull out side poles to increase VHF reception. I haven't had a chance to try it get but I've read good things about the original so I'm hoping the newer version will be as good, or better. Based on the reviews I've seen it is pretty good.

What's the model number on the new one?

I’m not sure the guy that runs coax and installs dishes and antennas is likely to have the skill set to deal with the fiddly bits in my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I’m not sure the guy that runs coax and installs dishes and antennas is likely to have the skill set to deal with the fiddly bits in my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I wouldn't even trust the Geek Squad to go anywhere near my phone or computers. They often cause more harm than good. If I can't fix it myself, it goes back to the manufacturer for warranty replacement (Apple). That's not to say the Dish techs don't know what they're doing, but I would have never thought to call them to fix an oven!

What's the model number on the new one?

The new one is called the Dinova Boss Mix (144282). Televes had the full manual and specs on their site a few weeks ago but took it down. Solid Signal has a review up though and I did save a copy of the .pdf manual. It's basically the original version with the two VHF pull out rods and an improved version of their BOSS Amplifier.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
After reading this blog, it appears the Solid Signal guys put that antenna through rigorous testing. It also incorporates LTE filtering and selective gain control for individual channels. I'm going to purchase one and give it a try.

Edit: Picked one up on Ebay brand new for $58 shipped :)

Reactions: TheKrell and ncted
After reading this blog, it appears the Solid Signal guys put that antenna through rigorous testing. It also incorporates LTE filtering and selective gain control for individual channels. I'm going to purchase one and give it a try.

Edit: Picked one up on Ebay brand new for $58 :)

Yeah I was going to suggest eBay, I did the same lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)