I Fixed MY HDMI Connector

Jim5506

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Lubbock, Texas
Reading through old posts I saw where one poster (DSKinTX) had taped his HDMI cable on his 622, pulling the connector to the left (viewing from the rear) and it came back on.

So, I pulled mine to the left and bingo, it lit up. I proceeded to place a medium sized rubberband around the HDMI cable approximately 1 inch from the back of the 622 and put the green component video plug through the other end of the rubber band.

Now my HDMI is working. I can't guarantee it will work for long, but for now it works.

Reading through old posts I saw where one poster (DSKinTX) had taped his HDMI cable on his 622, pulling the connector to the left (viewing from the rear) and it came back on.

So, I pulled mine to the left and bingo, it lit up. I proceeded to place a medium sized rubberband around the HDMI cable approximately 1 inch from the back of the 622 and put the green component video plug through the other end of the rubber band.

Now my HDMI is working. I can't guarantee it will work for long, but for now it works.
Make sure you pass that on to Dish tech support.

Yeah well either way you need to have them send you a replacement one at some point and time.

This is funny! Whatever works I guess but you should have that receiver replaced. The HDMI problem is a hardware problem and the only way to correct it is having the receiver replaced.

That's why the rubberbands are in demand.

if only they would let you pop the motherboard out, and repair the solder, even if it would save them money!

Watch, DISH will get sued for there rubberbands putting peoples eyes out ;)

Nevertheless, nice that yours is working now!

if only they would let you pop the motherboard out, and repair the solder, even if it would save them money!

Watch, DISH will get sued for there rubberbands putting peoples eyes out ;)

Nevertheless, nice that yours is working now!

Thats exactly what I did. You need a very fine pitch soldering tip however, and a steady hand :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)