I found IA 5 (T 5) last night with P* dish and LNB!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
:) :) :)

At around 9 PM EST last night I was able to get IA 5 on my Viacast 2000, P* dish and LNB (two outputs) going for over a min, I was tilting the dish in my hand while the base sat on the roof peek.

That was in one part of the house. After that I put this dish on a tripod I found at a garage sale and got it going off the second story porch. I am getting around 40, 50 max, for quality.

I played with the setup for like 20 mins and found most of the Vertical transponders.

Tonight I hope to put the other P* LNB, one output, and try the H transponders.

I would like to thank all who have helped me keep the faith!

Onto G 10 R next.

Oh ya that NatSat 1000 unit works also. It had some chans in it memory and works on a few of them. Not programed right BUT have to get the remote from the guy who sold it to me.

Ken

Not to steal your wind, rain on your parade, or other weather-related analogy, but...

Last night my DiSEqC 2x1 switch came in from PSB, I hooked it up, and it works great. Now I can automagically tune to any of the Ku or DBS (FTA only) DVB stuff. While I was messing with the sat settings, I kludged G10R to 123.5 and increased the signal considerably. 123.4 and 123.6 weren't quite as high, so it's right at the halfway mark for me. Tonight I'm gonna try to get some of the Atlantic satellites because my line of sight should be pretty good for the first couple. Can anyone see anything on PAS 9 at 58.0 (a transponder one could verify as being on, currently) for starters?

ken2400 said:
:) :) :)

At around 9 PM EST last night I was able to get IA 5 on my Viacast 2000, P* dish and LNB (two outputs) going for over a min, I was tilting the dish in my hand while the base sat on the roof peek.

That was in one part of the house. After that I put this dish on a tripod I found at a garage sale and got it going off the second story porch. I am getting around 40, 50 max, for quality.

I played with the setup for like 20 mins and found most of the Vertical transponders.

Tonight I hope to put the other P* LNB, one output, and try the H transponders.

I would like to thank all who have helped me keep the faith!

Onto G 10 R next.

Oh ya that NatSat 1000 unit works also. It had some chans in it memory and works on a few of them. Not programed right BUT have to get the remote from the guy who sold it to me.

Ken

congrats on getting it working!

For a cheap way to get both H & V working at the same time, get a DirectTv 3x4 switch. I got one from Pete (PSB). THey combine V & H and output to 4 receiovers, but would work good for one :)

TuxCoder said:
Not to steal your wind, rain on your parade, or other weather-related analogy, but...

Last night my DiSEqC 2x1 switch came in from PSB, I hooked it up, and it works great. Now I can automagically tune to any of the Ku or DBS (FTA only) DVB stuff. While I was messing with the sat settings, I kludged G10R to 123.5 and increased the signal considerably. 123.4 and 123.6 weren't quite as high, so it's right at the halfway mark for me. Tonight I'm gonna try to get some of the Atlantic satellites because my line of sight should be pretty good for the first couple. Can anyone see anything on PAS 9 at 58.0 (a transponder one could verify as being on, currently) for starters?

PAS9 you need a universal LNB (not standard) 9750 LO

I had wind screw up my USALS, so now G10 is 123.5 and SBS6 is 74.6 :)

I can get all the east as far a Hispasat 1C+D at 30w using the motor mount, and I am sure another 10 deg east on a fixed dish, I have not got anything any further east YET! The spacing gets really tight for us that far east!

Thanks Iceberg. I did not get around to messing with it last night. I hope to tonight. I will keep the 3x4 switch in mind.

Ken.

Iceberg said:
congrats on getting it working!

For a cheap way to get both H & V working at the same time, get a DirectTv 3x4 switch. I got one from Pete (PSB). THey combine V & H and output to 4 receiovers, but would work good for one :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts