I get ESPNHD on ch73 but not ch206. HBO on 70 but not 501...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

SienasDad

Original poster
Apr 12, 2006
There's a few other channels that have been spotty lately, 231 and some other HBO channels. Do I need to point to a different satellite? Readings seem to be OK....

Thank you,
Don

Check your readings on the 99(c) and 103(c) satellites, that's where those channels are coming from. If you see readings below 70 then the dish needs to be realigned.

If you strengths are good; then remove power to the receiver and swap the tuner 1 line for 2 & 2 for 1; then reset the receiver. This is what is being passed out at DirecTV and I have SEEN it work a least 7 times so far.

Thanks Rad....but I don't have 99c and 103c. I have 99a, 99b, and 103a. 101 comes in loud and clear, but the 99's and 103's are weak(50 and below). I think I'll give DTV a call.

Thanks
Don

Thanks Rad....but I don't have 99c and 103c. I have 99a, 99b, and 103a. 101 comes in loud and clear, but the 99's and 103's are weak(50 and below). I think I'll give DTV a call.

Thanks
Don

Ah, you must have a H20 or H21 receiver, they call them a/b vs. c/s. Some 99/103 readings will be low or zero if they are spot beams for other areas of the country. But the CONUS transponders should be at least 70 or higher, upper 80's/90's is normal for most folks.

For the 99 CONUS transponder you should have >70 on 1 through 14 and N/A on the others, for 103 the transponders are 1 through 14, 17 and 22.

I'm a rookie here, so please excuse the stooopid question. When you say "swap the tuner line..." arwhere do you do that? I have one coaxial cable running into my receiver(H21-200).

OK, let me see if I can clarify. Since you have a H21, your receiver shows the new continental US (conus) satellite as 99a. You should be seeing signals above 60 on the first 14 transponders. The higher the signal strength is the more reliable your signal will be in poor weather conditions. If it is low or 0, you may need to have the dish re-aimed.

Also, since you have a non-DVR receiver, you'll only have one satellite input cable connected to that receiver. Charper's cable swap suggestion is for DVRs only.

Yes, sorry about that; for dual tuner DVR only. If we still had a DirecTV DVR area I would have known right off which he likely had.

Me too

I'm having the same problem. It's been for a few days now.

I have the same issue on an HR20-100. On any of the mpeg4 mirrored channels (hdnet, discovery home theater, etc.) I get the 771 message. If I leave it there, the channel will usually appear after about 4 minutes of displaying the message, but changing to another channel and back gives the 771 message again. The original mpeg2 channels still work fine. I've tried swapping the lines between tuner 1 and 2 and that didn't make any difference. Usually when I test the signal level on the new satellite, it shows all zeros, but sometimes shows 90s. Someone at DirecTV said it was a multiswitch problem. There is supposed to be a service guy here tomorrow afternoon to check it out. I'll report the results after he's finished. I have a pretty old multiswitch from way before any of the mpeg4 channels so I guess that could be the problem.

Thanks rad for the info about signal strength. I just checked mine and all transponders on 99 are below 50. Guess that's why I am having issues.

I had the same problem with some of the HD channels, I had to reset my reciever(non-dvr hd) to get the HD channels to stop saying ("searching for satellite signal"). Don't know what the problem is exactly, but restarting it did work.

I have a question about the signal from 99 sat. I had an installer out yesterday. He seemd to be under the impression that if 101 & 110 are good, then 99 should be good too. He seemed totally perplexed why it was not working. Is there any truth to this or did just not know what he was doing. He checked the cables and tried replacing the LNB. Obviously neither or those worked.

Is channel 206 the MPEG-4 channel of ESPN and 76 the MPEG-2 channel or are they both MPEG-4 now?

I have this same issue and am scheduled for a realignment today. 501, 537, etc are very pixelated and frequently drop out altogether. Although I do get picture some times.

My signals on 99 a/b (c/s) are quite low. 99a has most in the low 70s - like 70 or 71. 99b has some signals in the 60s and low 70s.

What should I check before he leaves aside from confirming there is picture? I'm about 50 miles outside of Chicago.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)