I got myself a FREE new DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
I called retention today and I asked if I could upgrade my lame 35hr. D* TiVo DVR to the newer model which can hold up to 100hrs.! Im very happy I did this. Im so tired of having to look out for record space. 35 hrs. is not nearly enough. The CSR was so nice, I could have proably asked for any other offers he could have made me, but Im not good at making deals and such so I just took the deal. I kind of regret not trying to get the handling fee waived. But oh well. Im keep the one I have, but the new one will be a lease. If you are trying to get a good deal from retention I suggest you call and talk to someone who sounds in a good mood and sounds noice off the bat. I called one time just before I taslked to this guy. The person that answered was a femal, and I just had a bad feeling about her so I hung before even saying a word and called back and listened the this guy who sounded NICE off the bat and also sounded like he would know what he is talking aboutm and he did.

Last edited:
I hope you are keeping your TiVo active, you may need to set timers on both the R15 and TiVo to be sure you record important programs. You may not be as happy after a month of use as you are now.

What exactly do you mean? Explain. I will set my new DVR up right away and set all my season passes and such. Is this what you mean? My $5.99 monthly DVR service will still be in place. The new DVRs aren't TiVo, right? Does D* offer DVRs that have TiVo still? And how about record capacity on the DVR Im getting. Is it going to 70 hours or 100 hours? I read on D* site there is a 70hr and a 100hr???

That is because the R15 is not the most reliable DVR. Their season pass can't tell the difference between repeats & first runs. I had one and if I had not been running my directv Tivo, I would have missed a few shows. It seems that some folks don't have a problem with it but most TIVO owners hate it. for me it was so bad that I called CSR and asked for a refund on it's DVR fee. They agreed to give me a $6 credit for the next 6 months. I stayed with DTV for 2 months and canceled when I got my HD TV. I was not about to pay their asking price for the HD DVR.

I wish you luck with it.:rolleyes:

boba said:
I hope you are keeping your TiVo active, you may need to set timers on both the R15 and TiVo to be sure you record important programs. You may not be as happy after a month of use as you are now.

Are you saying I have to keep my TiVo service active ($5.99/month) as well as adding D* Plus DVR service (another$5.99/month)? I will not pay an extra $5.99/month, that is retarded.

mjones1973 said:
Ohh you missed his thread in the DVR section where he decided the R15 sucked.

Yes, I have decided the R15 indded does suck. It needs desperate help. But I had nothing to lose by getting it. I got it free.

I have 2 of them sitting up in my attic now. Wonder if I should just rip out the hard drives from them? Mine were also free. Actually they gave me $100 for one of them. :)

tonedeaf if you are under lease you better not rip the hard drives out hehe

I like my tivo too and don't want a R15

jim

narnia777 said:
tonedeaf if you are under lease you better not rip the hard drives out hehe

I like my tivo too and don't want a R15

jim
Resurrected from the dead. :D

No, I am not under the lease, and, through a miracle of CSR's not under a commitment either. :D Thanks. My 2 R15's along with an R10 are boxed up and in my attic as we speak.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts