I Got Questions....OTA HD Tuner Under $50? and NFL Network HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KevinJames360

Original poster
Sep 29, 2005
Hey I just got Direc TV HD installed 3 weeks ago and I got my sunday ticket in HD and everything, but I notice that if they show the games on my local station its blacked out, so I wanna watch it in HD without it being blacked out I was told I need a OTA Reciever kinda short on cash, I live in Olympia, WA.....I wanna watch local channels in HD especially for MNF, any suggestions?

2nd Question is how would I get my NFL Network feed in HD? is it available through Direc TV? cause I watch game of the week and they say its available in HD........so anyone know how?

also anyone know if we will we ever get TNT HD? I want it NBA season is coming up!!

please answer these questions, I will be very greatful

1st Question: Answer: If you have a D* HD receiver all ready, you only need to buy a Indoor or Outdoor Antenna (depending on how far you are from the Tv towers in your city) and then you will be able to get the local HD channels in your city!

2nd Question: Answer: The NFL Network in HD is available on D* but the only show highlights of past games, so far we have yet to see anymore broadcast of the NFL Network HD this season, but Im sure they will eventually start again. Check the high 90's in the future!

.... As for TNTHD we have not heard anything! There are rumors that we may see it around Nov. 05 but many like myself are not conviced that we will see this channel added until Spaceway 2 is up and operational!

^Thanks, I just caught NFL NETWORK HD 6 days to sunday and game of the week on channel 98 it was a great picture.

Any OTA's you would recomend, I don't know where they sell them at either.

Antennas

Try a Channel Master, or Winegard, or even Radio Shack , all depends on your perticular situation

Go to antennaweb.org
and check and see what type you should be looking for.

I ended up with one from Radio Shack for $ 100.
The reason I went with this one was the distance the UHF would cover.
(100 miles)
Keep in mind that most HD signals come from the UHF side of the antenna.

Jimbo

If you are looking for an indoor antenna I'd try Zenith's Silver Sensor. It's $20 at Amazon.com. I know a handful of people that use it with great success.

Chris

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts