i gotta problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chinmayerande

Original poster
May 9, 2009
india
I live in india and I wished to receive signal of edusat satellite 74 degree side by side along with insat 4 b 93.5 degree .My prob is that he gave me as t connector and i could not even get the signal of one of the sat when i join the lnb wire with the t connector . when i talked to one forum about it they said that disque switch wil only do the work .So what is your opinion? shouldn't the t connector do the job ? pls reply soon guys waiting for reply:confused:

To give a better answer, we would need to know more about your LNBs.
But, to answer your basic question, a "T" connector in the coax will not work under any circumstances.

Each of your LNBs needs to get power from the receiver, and it needs to be able to put its signal on the same coax for the receiver to decode.
Tying the outputs of two LNBs together, will probably not damage anything, but it cannot work.

Alternative ways, would be to connect each LNB to the receiver, one at a time.
Tune , adjust, aim your dish for best signal.
Do the same for each LNB, but only that one LNB.
Then, connect both LNBs through a simple diseqc switch (or possibly a 22khz switch) to the receiver.
Now, you must adjust the receiver setup to select each LNB via the switch.

We have a FAQ (frequently asked question) thread on basic switches, which should help if you are not very familiar with them.

If you are still confused, please ask again and I'm sure we can solve your problem. - :up

thanx i think i know now so i have to get a disque switch only. anyways i have two ku band lnbs.

Chinmayerande,

The DiSEqC (Digital Satellite Equipment Control) switch will serve you well in this utility.

As Anole stated, you cannot "split" or "Tee" the cable otherwise. There are 22Khz switches and Multiswitches that may work as well, but the DiSEqC 4x1 switch is probably going to be the easiest to obtain and work with in most applications such as this. It also provides some measure of expansion in your specific case as you could easily connect two more LNBFs to this switch.

AcWxRADAR

I live in india and I wished to receive signal of edusat satellite 74 degree side by side along with insat 4 b 93.5 degree .My prob is that he gave me as t connector and i could not even get the signal of one of the sat when i join the lnb wire with the t connector . when i talked to one forum about it they said that disque switch wil only do the work .So what is your opinion? shouldn't the t connector do the job ? pls reply soon guys waiting for reply:confused:

Chinmayerande,

How do you propose to get Insat 4b and Edusat in a "side-by-side" arrangement? They are 19.5 degrees apart and that would require a special dish antenna. What type of a dish reflector are you using?

This would be possible in America with a Dish Network Ku band dish (SuperDISH series) and the Circular polarized sats that DN has, but I don't imagine that there is much of a market for these dish antennas in India. Is there a dish available in India that has that wide of a spread, or are you using two separate dishes, one for each sat? Or are you using a modified dish?

If these two satellites are Linear Ku band, that will make this even more difficult, if not impossible, on a single dish.

AcWxRADAR

Chinmayerande,

How do you propose to get Insat 4b and Edusat in a "side-by-side" arrangement? They are 19.5 degrees apart and that would require a special dish antenna. What type of a dish reflector are you using?

This would be possible in America with a Dish Network Ku band dish (SuperDISH series) and the Circular polarized sats that DN has, but I don't imagine that there is much of a market for these dish antennas in India. Is there a dish available in India that has that wide of a spread, or are you using two separate dishes, one for each sat? Or are you using a modified dish?

If these two satellites are Linear Ku band, that will make this even more difficult, if not impossible, on a single dish.

AcWxRADAR
In India, still majority of the FTA channels are still in C-band and I have seen many C-Band dishes with more than 2 Ku band LNBs and 1 to 2 C-Band attached. Since Chinmay has not specified his dish size, I guess he might be talking about a 8' dish with above arrangement. I haven't seen any Superdish type dishes in India. The DTH providers use single satellites for transmission and typical dish sizes used in DTH services are 60CM.

Chinmay,
Please provide more info on your dish size/s. Definitely you need DisEqC switch to connect more than one LNB. Looking at Lyngsat, I guess you are having Airtel DTH service and want to add Doordarshan channels. So my guess is that you have two dishes.

Well guys thanx a lot for taking interest in my prob .but bros IF i tell you exactly what i meant to do is the following :

I DO NOT HAVE ANY SUPERDISH(NOT AVAILABLE IN INDIA)
MY PRIME FOCUS IS 93.5 THAT IS DD DIRECT PLUS.
I JUST WANTED TO GIVE EDUSAT CATCHING A TRY AS I WANTED TO WATCH IPL (IF THAT IS FAMILIER TO YOU ).

I ONLY HAVE ONE SINGLE KU BAND DISH WITH ME .I KNOW THAT 19.5 DEGREES MEAN A LOT BUT SURELY THAT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE ? IF THATY IS THEN PROBABLY I START TRYING TO CATCH PROTOSTAR 98.5 BUT AGAIN THAT IS HAVING SOUTH BEAM COVERAGE ONLY I.E. NO NORTH KU BEAM.

I WILL PURCHASE A DISQUE SWITCH AND THEN WELL GIVE IT A TRY.

THANX AGAIN GUYS.

Well guys thanx a lot for taking interest in my prob .but bros IF i tell you exactly what i meant to do is the following :

I DO NOT HAVE ANY SUPERDISH(NOT AVAILABLE IN INDIA)
MY PRIME FOCUS IS 93.5 THAT IS DD DIRECT PLUS.
I JUST WANTED TO GIVE EDUSAT CATCHING A TRY AS I WANTED TO WATCH IPL (IF THAT IS FAMILIER TO YOU ).

I ONLY HAVE ONE SINGLE KU BAND DISH WITH ME .I KNOW THAT 19.5 DEGREES MEAN A LOT BUT SURELY THAT IS NOT IMPOSSIBLE ? IF THATY IS THEN PROBABLY I START TRYING TO CATCH PROTOSTAR 98.5 BUT AGAIN THAT IS HAVING SOUTH BEAM COVERAGE ONLY I.E. NO NORTH KU BEAM.

I WILL PURCHASE A DISQUE SWITCH AND THEN WELL GIVE IT A TRY.

THANX AGAIN GUYS.
Chinmay,

With single Ku band dish, it is impossible to get both the sats, that is separated by 19.5deg. If the Dish is big enough, you can try catching 94.5 and 98.5. With DD Direct+ dish, I don't think it is possible either.

If you are little adventurous, you may try poor-mans-htoh. With that setup, you will be able to get all the satellites you are looking for with your existing dish and LNB and no DisEqC switch needed. Only thing, is you should have the dish on an easily accessible place and you should turn the dish whenever needed. Considering IPL (cricket match) runs for few hours, it may be worth it. Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)