I guess Dish does not like to take my money!

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
This is really sad, been a customer since 1999 and every year I have paid Annually which came to a little over $1500 per year.

Every year they are just making it harder and harder for me to pay them for the entire year in advance.

Perfect example is right now I used to have the HD pack annually along with Top 180. Went to add Voom last June to my account and was told they had no way to add the $5 Voom pack without taking off the annual HD pack.

So we took off the annual HD pack, I got a credit on my account for the un-used programming and we added VOOM.

Makes absolutly no sense to pay all 4 premimum movie services annually, because its actually cheaper to pay them monthly and take advantage of the bundled discount.

So the latest one was on March 30th when I called in to activate the new DISH HD pack. I was susposed to pay the Top 180 Annually on March 30th and pay DISH Network $480.

The CSR didn't tell me, switched my Top 180 to the DISH HD Platinum pack for $99/mo completely switching all my billing to monthly again.

So instead of charging my credit card almost $600 this month for programming, they are only charging me about $130.

I guess Dish Network does not want to hold on to my money :)

You can prepay. I do it sometimes. But, the issue is if you prepay too much they send the money back. You have to have them flag your account so that they will keep the money in the account. They now will call me to verify when I prepay. I finally gave up on the year prepay.

That makes sense. IF you're going to pay annually, you'll do it intentionally.

If someone overpays due to billing system screwup, and it turns out dish owes them, why shouldn't they get their money back? 

The advantage to pre-paying annually was the one month free (1 year programming cost for the cost of 11 months). If the discount isn't available for the annual commiment, then that's one less difference between DishNetwork and DirecTV.