I had a 922 installed today.

tom231

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Wisconsin
He installed a new black dish also. The tech said that the black dishes are fairly new, as they just got them a few weeks ago. The 922 works great, except,
there is a 1 second lag when I push the volume button on the remote though. Anybody else have this issue? 2011-04-29 19.53.17.jpg2011-04-29 17.05.23.jpg

Last edited:
tom231 said:
Where exactly do you see a need for a drip loop? The cable from dish comes straight up out of the ground under the siding. How is water going to follow the cable in?

There needs to be a drip loop at the dish, more of a service loop in this case. By the looks of the pic there is no slack in the cable. So should a connector short at the lnb, the tech at a service call will be (or should be) replacing the entire cable run.

Should be orange cable too. Black cable is no longer allowed to be buried. And yes, I should have said "service" loop instead of drip loop. If you need to replace a fitting at the dish, chances are the line would be too short and have to be replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Should be orange cable too. Black cable is no longer allowed to be buried. And yes, I should have said "service" loop instead of drip loop. If you need to replace a fitting at the dish, chances are the line would be too short and have to be replaced.

Your'e right, I just went out and looked. The cable is tight with no service loop. The black cable was installed about 5 or 6 yrs ago. It was probably right when it was installed??? The tech, installed the new dish and lnb with no problems today.

tom231 said:
Your'e right, I just went out and looked. The cable is tight with no service loop. The black cable was installed about 5 or 6 yrs ago. It was probably right when it was installed??? The tech, installed the new dish and lnb with no problems today.

5 or 6 years ago it wasn't required, but it is now! The tech should have changed it out.

5 or 6 years ago it wasn't required, but it is now! The tech should have changed it out.

Why change it? I've had no issues or problems since it was installed. Why was it good enough a few years ago, but not now? I think it's silly to change it for no reason.

My thoughts exactly! Now we can't use DTV perfect vision cable if it's present at an install. It's rated to 3 ghz just like Dish wants, but we are required to change it. Go figure.

Why change it? I've had no issues or problems since it was installed. Why was it good enough a few years ago, but not now? I think it's silly to change it for no reason.

Tom

There is no reason on your end to change it.. For the Dish Monkeys it may be a "QAS" Fail.. but for you, if it is working then don't worry about it.. To the Monkeys... Just because Dish has some silly rules that really don't affect the way the system works, it doesn't mean that there is a problem.. Yes, it will fail QAS without a ground. But the customer won't know because it will work fine.. You are required to use Orange "Flooded Cable" but black cable is used.. QAS Fail? But won't affect the way it works.. You guys need to get a life and quit tearing down every installation you see posted on here. Tom.. Congrats on your new system. The only problem I see is not having any extra cable if you have a problem.. But the key there is "IF you have a problem".. If it is working and you are happy, don't pay any attention to the so callled "experts" making unneeded comments. Enjoy your new Dish System..

Jimmerinwi said:
My thoughts exactly! Now we can't use DTV perfect vision cable if it's present at an install. It's rated to 3 ghz just like Dish wants, but we are required to change it. Go figure.

Cuz we all know the printing on the outside of the cable affects the integrity of the signal path.

Yet another example of some high up management man who is completely disconnected from reality making a decision.

skyviewmark said:
Tom

There is no reason on your end to change it.. For the Dish Monkeys it may be a "QAS" Fail.. but for you, if it is working then don't worry about it.. To the Monkeys... Just because Dish has some silly rules that really don't affect the way the system works, it doesn't mean that there is a problem.. Yes, it will fail QAS without a ground. But the customer won't know because it will work fine.. You are required to use Orange "Flooded Cable" but black cable is used.. QAS Fail? But won't affect the way it works.. You guys need to get a life and quit tearing down every installation you see posted on here. Tom.. Congrats on your new system. The only problem I see is not having any extra cable if you have a problem.. But the key there is "IF you have a problem".. If it is working and you are happy, don't pay any attention to the so callled "experts" making unneeded comments. Enjoy your new Dish System..

You are a jerk calling the installers monkeys. Not cool man. Not cool.

tom231 said:

Bro don't trip on the fact the cable is black or the fact you dont have slack at the dish.

Really if aint broke dont fix it.

And on the whole note on the change in use of cable, chances are they probably determined the non burial probably degrades faster over time than the orange burial cable. When it/if it fails have it change then.

We are a retailer and I have never heard of having to use orange cable. I do agree on having the service loop though, that's kind of a no-brainer. As for the volume problem, I'm not sure. I've never run into that problem yet.

Enjoy the 922 man, it's a great receiver. I have one at home myself.

The delay in the volume magically went away over night. And, all of the channel logos appeared as well. It even shows the cover art of the show or movie in the info screen. Very cool!

tom231 said:
The delay in the volume magically went away over night. And, all of the channel logos appeared as well. It even shows the cover art of the show or movie in the info screen. Very cool!

Sweet!

Great to hear.

It's been discovered the 922 takes about 24-48 hours to fully get going once it's activated. Basically, once it gets the update, it's good to go. There is no way to "force" an update.

Great to hear.

It's been discovered the 922 takes about 24-48 hours to fully get going once it's activated. Basically, once it gets the update, it's good to go. There is no way to "force" an update.

It appears that is exactly what happened. Everything seems to run smoother and faster today. I think the picture quality looks nicer too. I always had a nice picture, but it just looks amazing today for some reason.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)