I Had A Brain Flatulence

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JAS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
In the USA
One of my neighbors came home with a truck load of old Primestar and other round dishes of various sizes. I asked him what he was going to do with them all. He informed me that he was going to make a water fountain. The biggest one at the bottom and decreasing in size up to the top. I said are you nuts? Hell I'll buy you a water fountain if you let me have the bigger dishes. Deal he said. " I didn't want to waste my time on it anyway but the wife is set on a water fountain". Wife is the key word here, remember it. Now I have access to a bunch of dishes for a fixed KU system.

So I go home and think of how I'm going to present to my wife mounting a bunch of dishes on the property. There is no HOA, POA or the like association (whatever you want to call an association which controls what you do on your property) stricter than my wife. So, I decide to just be straight forward about it. And I lied. I told her if I set up the dishes there were a bunch of programs she liked on satellite. I didn't lie entirely, I just didn't tell her most of them were encrypted.

Well, her answer was NO!

So I think about this for awhile, this is where I had the brain flatulence . I approached her again and said "What if I mounted them on the windmill tower. There is only one window in the house you can see the tower from and you keep the shades down on that one." This time she gave me more than just no for an answer, she gives me a reason too, she said "I'm not going to have the windmill tower looking like a cell phone tower!" I said "but" and before I finished she says "Conversation over."

I went back to the neighbor and told him I had to back out of the deal. He said I understand "I don't want to make a water fountain either."

Like I said I had a brain flatulence:D

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 243
  • Man Woman.jpg
    Man Woman.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 302
Sorry to hear the outcome, but still a great story, JAS. :)

Nice windmill also, is that an old Aeromotor?

I've been a-looking for one of those. :up

Sorry to hear the outcome, but still a great story, JAS. :)

Nice windmill also, is that an old Aeromotor?

I've been a-looking for one of those. :up

Yes it's an old Aermotor. Tail still has Aermotor Chicago on it. Pre 1910 not sure of the exact year. It came off a ranch in Wyoming. The tank is an old wine vat pre 1920s. It came from one of the old wineries in Livermore CA..

As for strategy, Better to start out small and then add them one at a time, I guess...

By that criteria, (whatever it is), I don't follow why the windmill is tolerated...

Maybe you could paint flowers on the dishes and plant them in an aesthetically pleasing arrangement... Add sheet metal leaves, etc...

Conversation over.
:shh :eek::exclamati

WOW... I'm sure glad I don't have that problem...
The backyard is MINE... all 2 acres of it.
She has the front acre and the house (all but the den anyway)...
As long as she has a dvr and her shows - we don't have a problem.
SO...
Mr. BrainFlart,
What's to become of that stack 'o reflectors??? :D

I would see my neighbor, and try to salvage at least one of the better dishes.
Maybe 1.0 or 1.2m Primestar, if he's got any. And some of the nicer mounts.
Save those for later.

And you know what the guys here always say: better to ask forgiveness than permission.
In other words, just DO IT, and worry about the fall-out later! - :D

I guess I am lucky in that regard. I'll share with you my "strategy".
My wife is into animals, so far we have two horses, one rabbit, two dogs and two cats..........before we moved the horses home I had already set up 2 Ku Band dishes in the backyard. I wanted a 10' dish and had already scoped one out and the owner said it was mine. So I mentioned it to her and her answer was, as long as you fix up the barn and I can bring my horses home you can have as many satellite dishes as you want. If ever something is mentioned about them all I do is make some comment about how many animals we have and it's all good.

So my advice to you is to find something big that your wife really wants and make a deal with her. It's worth a shot! :)

So I go home and think of how I'm going to present to my wife mounting a bunch of dishes on the property. SNIP

Well, her answer was NO!

Well, now we ALL know why you are named "Just Another Sucker"! :D

If you already have at least 1 dish installed, simply replace it with a bit larger one, and she might not even notice.

And you know what the guys here always say: better to ask forgiveness than permission.
In other words, just DO IT, and worry about the fall-out later! - :D

When she discovers it, I could tell her that the 12 footer must of had unprotected sex and the small dish is the outcome.:D

Wife is a good woman

When I started hunting for a BUD, my wife was all for it. "Go for it,' she said.
Now I have two 8 footers, one installed and one waiting.
Thanks, wife
I love you

the good wife:

Hey, there was a fellow who told a pretty good wife-story a while back.
No way to find it, so I'll just recount it as best I remember.

She and the kids were out shopping. They dropped into a Goodwill type store.
She spied a complete BUD all knocked down, and knew hubby was looking for one.
I think the story was, she bought it for just a couple of bucks.... :cool:
... and brought it home in the van for him! - :eek:

I may have mangled one or two of the details, but that's the story! - :up
I wanted to know if she had a spare sister! - :D

Last edited:
Six Ku dishes in the ground, plus one C band 10 footer, plus three Ku's to "plant" plus two more rescued 8 footers in the yard, and while driving to another location to rescue yet another dish, we spotted one several feet above the roof of the house we were looking for, Phottoette grabbed my arm and stated "I hope THAT'S the one we're here for."

Can it BE any better than that?

Photto

Six Ku dishes in the ground, plus one C band 10 footer, plus three Ku's to "plant" plus two more rescued 8 footers in the yard, and while driving to another location to rescue yet another dish, we spotted one several feet above the roof of the house we were looking for, Phottoette grabbed my arm and stated "I hope THAT'S the one we're here for."

Can it BE any better than that?

Photto

:D:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts