Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I just got an email from Dish Network letting me know my new bill was available online for viewing.

In the email it had the below which made me laugh...
As the leader in HDTV, DISH Network has the most HD entertainment around. You won't believe your eyes. Welcome to the future of television. View product demo
Leader? Hahaha not even close!

Even the small cable company that serves my area provides more HD channels than DISH does.

I remember when I was working on my MBA and was taking a course in advertising and the professor that was teaching it remarked during the first class that a lot of advertising was "mainly white lies with some truth thrown in". It was true then (in the 70s) and seems that it is even truer now.

Well I think they have way more than what I get on 4d, My picture is mind blowing but not enough at all :( I only get HBO e+w, show e, discovery, wealth tv, pbs, starz e+w and encore e+w, thats it, but the picture quality is to die for, I think dtv and voom and cable have more than dish network.

It's just like car manufacturers saying their truck is the toughest on the market or their car is the most economical and reliable.

I do want to know how DISH thinks they're the leader in HD programming??

I know nothing of how many subs for each company have HD equipment so this is just a guess: Maybe "leader in HD programming" is based on number of customers not number of channels, if with their free 811 for new customers and dishin it up promos they ended up having more HD-capable subscribers than the other companies?

MikeD-C05 said:
Maybe they are thinking of when they buy Voom . Then they would be the leader in hd tv for a while. Forward thinking. ;)

I was just about to put that in Mike, Maybe on Monday at the Charlie Chat show, there might be a reference to merging with V* ;)

Ironically they ARE the leader in PVRs with a 36% market share according to Sound and Vision magazine. They even made a crack about the benefits of being the first to market with the ability to record HD programming being part of the reason (which is ironic since MAYBE 1000 921s were sold in the first 6 months when they were trickling out)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)