I hate these new HD packages!

with an unreadable line at the bottom that probably says something to the affect of available in certain markets...
For those that cannot read the text on lower right:

MORE CHANNELS TO COME IN 2008!

Get over 22 Regional Sports Networks in HD - $5.00/mo
Requires a subscription to America's Top 100 Plus or higher

I've tried to decipher the text on lower left, but cannot make it out. Anyone have better eyes than me?

Adding to the Speculation

!sadrollI must be getting cross eye !sadroll checking all the posts on the “possible” new HD packages and their respective prices, but I thought I read somewhere that the $29.99 HD package could be a stand alone HD only?

Also, that for an extra $10 you could add the single HD premium movie channels (HBO HD, Showtime HD, Starz HD and Cinemax HD) to any of the HD plans?
:confused:

yes for $29.99 you could get all the hd channels, excluding premiums, rsns and locals of course

The premium channels are each their own thing. HBO includes HBO HD. Same goes for each individual premium package.

AEP is not "really" a package. It is really a bundle 5 packages and NBATV. It consists of AT250+ 4 premiums (Mega-Movie Pack) +NBA TV. Even on your bill it splits it up that way.

So AEP with or without HD Essentials should include the 4 main movie channels in HD since each package includes that channel. (with the proper "because we can" HD enabling fee).

This is also why I think NBA HD will be included in the HD essentials if you have AEP. I could be wrong on that.

See ya
Tony
So if I understand correctly, as an example, a "$10 AEP HD" bundle would be a AEP bundle price (the new $94.98) + the AT250 HD channels ($10), and the $10 HD package fee REPLACING the $7 HD enabling fee. Correct?

I think I will be dropping down to the $10 package. There's just not much that I watch on Voom, HDNet Movies, Universal except Battlestar Galactica in HD. I may have to wait until they've finished showing it on Universal.

E*'s decision to cut the HD packages where they did seems like a very reasonable decision to me. And puts them on level ground to compete with D*.

None of the channels being dropped from the $20 package are highly rated channels. All are HD exclusive. All are channels that would have more appeal to someone who is really into HD.

And now they can offer packages with HD that can better compete on price with D*, without missing the channels that most people would want.

We now have the option of paying $120/yr for these 20 channels or using that money for something else. I'd like to see Dish offer more options like this.

I think I will be dropping down to the $10 package. There's just not much that I watch on Voom, HDNet Movies, Universal except Battlestar Galactica in HD. I may have to wait until they've finished showing it on Universal.

I am with you on that, I was ready to drop to the $10 package but now that Universal had Battlestar Galactica I will probably keep it until I am caught up. I wish I would have watched it when it first aired, I thought it would be really bad though airing on SciFi. I was wrong.

I am with you on that, I was ready to drop to the $10 package but now that Universal had Battlestar Galactica I will probably keep it until I am caught up. I wish I would have watched it when it first aired, I thought it would be really bad though airing on SciFi. I was wrong.

I had never watched it either, but people on this board and others just go on and on about it. I started looking it up and saw that apparently TIME magazine named it show of the year in 2005. I've only seen 1 episode but it was pretty cool.

Doing the same thing now myself. I've been watching most of the past episodes on the internet. So another option.

I think this thread should be retitled-- I love the new HD options.

Yeah if your paying $20 now a month for your HD you should be in the UltimateHD Plan from what I can tell. So going by what I see it just looks like they have given a option for folks do down grade their HD which basically you drop the Voom channels plus a few others. Which saves folks $10 bucks instead of paying $20 for the other channels like Voom so forth. Which the folks that drop Voom could use that extra $10 bucks and go from the AT200 to the AT250 pick up a few HD channels that way. But it looks like their going to keep the Big 10 HD in the AT200..

Yes- exactly - use the saved $10 to upgrade your base package up a notch, perhaps..but I might stick with AT200 + $10 Essentials, because I really don't watch the other channels in the "Ultimate" family anymore. What tier they put SciFI HD, if that eve comes, could sway my decision, but I would hope that would be in AT100 or 200.

Yes- exactly - use the saved $10 to upgrade your base package up a notch, perhaps..but I might stick with AT200 + $10 Essentials, because I really don't watch the other channels in the "Ultimate" family anymore. What tier they put SciFI HD, if that eve comes, could sway my decision, but I would hope that would be in AT100 or 200.
Since SciFi has an SD equivalent, I assume the HD version would be in the $10 HD add-on package for whichever SD packages contain SciFi. Assuming SciFi HD is ever turned on, of course.

Something tells me that VOOM will be losing a large share of its sub base.

But I am not shocked by that really.

Neither am I. Actually, I enjoy some of the programming, but there is very little new stuff. For the last year, they have been showing the 2006 tennis tournament (John McEnroe, Jimmy Connors, Todd Martin, etc.) Haven't these guys played since 2006????

E*'s decision to cut the HD packages where they did seems like a very reasonable decision to me. And puts them on level ground to compete with D*.

But they don't have the product to compete with D*. Seems they should be trying to keep subscribers by offering their limited HD at a good value. Right now, I think D* has more HD and is actually cheaper...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)