i have 3 old c band lnbs, all in good working order, i want to add these to my 31"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pizza64er

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 2, 2006
dish. so how whould i do this?? i have alot of cable.

one is a lnbf. i also have a c band feed horn.i was thinking of useing 1 lnbf for t5 for pbs, and the other for t6.

So you have not managed to get any KU signals and you want to add C-Band to a 30" dish?

Will not work, I would forget it!

I did manage to get some STRONG C-Band signals on a 40" dish, but 30" will not work!

I would forget it, 40" Primestar pulled in the strongest digital signals but nothing found on a 36" metal dish!

if any one has any old primestar dishs they don't want , email me.

pizza64er said:
will a 36" dish do the trick??

Depends on what you are happy with . I did it , but I had most of the hardware on hand , did not HAVE to spend much $$$ .

Was more successful on analog than digital .

It was a worthwile testinf & learning experience . But not for your primary source of TV .

Wyr

Wyr,

You mean C-Band? I'd be interested in experimenting with that. I understand that I wouldn't get much, but it would be a good reason to buy the first part of my C - band setup (the LNB). I have a few dishes lined up, but I'd like to get started in small steps.
Did you get any digital that was strong enough to watch? Did you have a constant signal?
I'm assuming that I wouldn't have much trouble finding an analog receiver to fool around with.

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts