I have a 42" GW RPLCD and need some tech assistance...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmcgee_jr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 3, 2004
Kirkland, WA
Well the other day my tv turned on but no picture. So I called sony and told them and the lady says you need a new bulb. I said ok but my lamp failure light isnt on. She says it can still happen. Is that true? I took the old bulb out and I see the 2 conenctors where the bulb gets power. I would like to put my multimeter on it and see if its even getting juice. I ordered a new bulb just in case but I want to know does anyone know what the volts are supposed to be going to the lamp? Thanks Guys. Its 3 years out of warranty so I wont do too much myself but that seems something simple I can check.

Anything is possible. Be sure to get the lamp from a place with a good return ploicy. If you've had it 3 years it vey well could be the lamp.

I bought it from sony so in case I want t oreturn it I can. I only had this bulb 1.5 years the previous bulb lasted about 1 year. I thinkn something is wrong with my tv but sony says no. thanks.

It all depends how many hours you use your set. I also understand some of the earlier lamps didn't last as long as the original....that's why I asked Sony to send a replacement lamp prior to the warranty expired (they did). We've had our GWIV for 17 months (main TV) and we're still on the original lamp.

I almost pulled the trigger on a Sony SXRD last fall, but decided since HD-DVD/Blu-Ray were not out yet I've decided to wait on next years line of 1080p sets...hopefully they will be more energy efficient, cost less, have fewer moving parts, require less maintenance, and incur cheaper repairs (besides a superior picture). I'll continue to dream...