I have a question.

tempVAdish

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 4, 2005
Temperanceville, VA
Hey, saw on the other forum that some one posted that Discovery Science is being sent in full 1920x1080 (don't know if it's true). How can you guys tell what resolution the channels are bcast in? My tv will not show the resolution information on anything other than OTA channels, and of course my 622 is set for 1080 all the time, so isn't that what the tv would show? Is there a menu on the 622 where you see the full resolution details of what's coming in?

thanks,
rob

If you are referring to 1080p, no it is not. And no method to display that I've ever run across.

If you are referring to 1080p, no it is not. And no method to display that I've ever run across.

Actually I meant 1080i, which is the std, but how do these guys tell if it's 1920x1080i, or the 1440x1080i "hd lite"?

thanks for the response, though. I didn't know if there was a keystroke on the reciever to show this info...

If the picture is 16x9, then it is 1920 across, but if its 4:3, then it'll be 1440. To tell if they are stretching a 4:3, watch the screen for scrolling text. If the text stretches towards the ends of the screen, then it is stretched.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)