I have a REAL stupid question (maybe)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sobonefnet

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
PA
OK. I've had D* for roughly a month (this time around subbed through the 90's). Here is my question. When browsing the program guide, is there a way to "autotune" a program? I know you can hit the record button on future programs, but I just want the receiver to tune to the program when it starts.

Thanks in advance.

Nope, no autotune on the DVR's, just the non-DVR boxes have that feature. It's been on the wishlist since the boxes came out, but who knows if/when DirecTV will ever add it.

OK. I've had D* for roughly a month (this time around subbed through the 90's). Here is my question. When browsing the program guide, is there a way to "autotune" a program? I know you can hit the record button on future programs, but I just want the receiver to tune to the program when it starts.

Thanks in advance.

Dish has it

IMHO, auto tune is unnecessary when you have a DVR. It is a good idea with standalone receivers, but with a DVR why not just set up an auto record? With auto tune on a DVR, how would you know it if it tuned using the background tuner?

While I understands yall points on NOT having Autotune on DVR's it is definitely a feature I miss from my SD boxes.

When I first got my DVR, I too missed auto tune. I used it so that the receiver would automatically tune to a channel I wanted to watch. But, after getting the DVR, I soon realized that a lot of good auto tune did if theTV wasn't on or I wasn't home to watch the show. The DVR solved those problems.

Again good points, but if your on a channel it will maintain up to 90 minutes to rewind.. I dunno, Im lazy when I get home,, TV should tune itself to what I want to watch :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.