I have had no problems with Voom.. WOW

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Like all gone, I haven't even rebooted my boxes for a month. I have seen 2 white dot problems in this month. My OTA works awesome ( by the way it's not a MEtroStar! It's a CHannel MAster Omni Directional!) and my 24" dish has been pretty damn good. As a matter of fact during Jeanne, my parents lost E* signal sporatically and I was watching Voom throughout.

While the bad complaints and issues must be discussed, the good MUST be praised.

Only "technical" issues I would like to see fixed now is..

Improved PQ
DVR...

2 more issues and no one will ever be able to tear me away from my Voom.

It is interesting that 87% of those polled on this forum are either Voom Customers or looking at becoming one.
I wonder if 87% of postings on this forum are from those folks.
My satisfaction level is still pretty high, I just have to fend off the Mrs. occasionally.

Dvlos said:
This morning had a blackout, rebooted STBs twice.. no OTA PG
I've rebooted a third time just to make sure, I get all the PG back from Voom and some of the OTA, but the majority says "No Info" for my OTA... what gives? :confused:

That thread was started by you on 9/16/04.
Exactly how do you define a month?

r.jones1116 said:
I have to agree with you. No real problems to speak of. Your post will probably make some real tasty troll bait though.

Well here's the first catch!!!

"I have had no problems with Voom.. WOW"

Wow is right. And you know, I can personally absolutely guarantee you that by next summer, no one will have any problems with Voom whatsover :)

(I just couldnt resist).......

You guys certainly have a lot of time in your hands. Every system has its problems at one time or another. To justify one or another makes no difference. Right now I am without Dish Network on three receivers because one of my multiswitch went bad. Did I go to the E* forum and posted all over how bad these switches are? Nope. These switches are so bad that I always keep an spare one. Some are tolerant to problems some are not. Some just want to make fun of others. To each its own but playing this game is getting kind of old. The other day my cable box went bad as well so did I voiced it to the entire US. Nope. I just called and it was fixed. So these little problems do come up from time to time. One of the reasons I sold my 721. You know what happened to it 5 days after I sold it. The Hard Disk crashed. I felt bad for the guy who bought it from me that I gave him the money that Dish will charge him to replace it and shipping charges. With all these technology, you never know when the unexpected is going to happen as there is no perfect system out there that will last you forever.

Sean Mota said:
The other day my cable box went bad as well so did I voiced it to the entire US. Nope. I just called and it was fixed. So these little problems do come up from time to time.

I totally agree!

Dvlos should have just rebooted (however many times necessary) and not feel like he has to report it on the internet everytime he experiences a glitch.

Dvlos said:
This morning had a blackout, rebooted STBs twice.. no OTA PG
I've rebooted a third time just to make sure, I get all the PG back from Voom and some of the OTA, but the majority says "No Info" for my OTA... what gives? :confused:

The PG probably wasn't Voom's problem as there was a bad storm over head at the time. Probably some problem getting the signal but I was still getting picture just fine with the 24" dish.

My "WOW" is from the fact when I first had Voom I had like 20 problems, as time has gone on IMO they've fixed everything and are improving things. I'm actually really impressed, sometimes you get something that has issues and will always have issues. Most of the problems I had could probably have been initially avoided with a good installer. In any case, I'm complimenting Voom and their good work. All the trolls can do a Tarzan swing off my sac.

Some might find this of interest. System Status reports 1786 hours since last reboot, and counting.... Maybe I could sell the STB back to Voom so they could put it in the Voom Hall of Fame.

Sean Mota said:
You guys certainly have a lot of time in your hands. Every system has its problems at one time or another. there is no perfect system out there that will last you forever.

Amen Sean...

I suppose the coffee maker never breaks, the PC hard drive never crashes, the washer/dryer never stops working, and the car never breaks down...

C'mon folks, machines are not perfect...

The only issue I've had lately is that one stb only goes out from 18-34 hours where the other one is usually out 3 days.

Sean Mota said:
charges. With all these technology, you never know when the unexpected is going to happen as there is no perfect system out there that will last you forever.

Unfortunatly you hit the nail on the head with that one. Just look at about any product you buy. I think that this is our faults. We have come to accept this an now very few manufactures take the time to get as close to being perfect anymore. By manufacturing perfection I believe a 10% failure rate would be perfection as there are occasionally flaws in material.

Back on subject I too have had no problems with Voom for quite some time untill last night wich for some reason now I have the program guide missing glitch. But on a possitive note every time something glitches with the program guide something good normally comes out of it. :)

motorcycle_rider said:
Unfortunatly you hit the nail on the head with that one. Just look at about any product you buy. I think that this is our faults. We have come to accept this an now very few manufactures take the time to get as close to being perfect anymore. By manufacturing perfection I believe a 10% failure rate would be perfection as there are occasionally flaws in material.

Back on subject I too have had no problems with Voom for quite some time untill last night wich for some reason now I have the program guide missing glitch. But on a possitive note every time something glitches with the program guide something good normally comes out of it. :)

I agree... Makes me wish that Apple Computer was in the business of making STBs they focus on quality, innovation, performance and user experience more than any tech company I know. We would all be drooling over our Apple STBs no doubt.

As for the topic of this thread... I too have had an absence of trouble with STB/PQ recently :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts