I have now fallen victim to VOOM billing issues.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think you guys are forgetting a lot her.

Satellites main competitor is CABLE. You guy keep thinking Satellites main competitor is other satellite companies.

HD will prevail with or without VOOM. The simple reason is that Satellite will have to keep up a competitive advantage with cable. And vice versa.

During the next few years cable will be adding HD networks and D* and E* will have to keep up. VOOM really does not fit into the scheme of things unless to say in marketing that a company offers the most HD channels.

Simply put market pressures will force the satellite providers to increase their HD offerings.

I know different cable systems offer smaller offerings but there are many cable systems with large HD offerings. Satellite providers are nationwide providers so they must be competitive in the best markets and will have to have a wide selection of HD channels to retain and attract subscribers.

If VOOM fails not much will happen. The HD competition will still be there between cable providers and operators. In addition and entire industry has slowly developed in the past few years. People are not going to throw out HD cameras, HD production facilities, HD studios, HD trucks and the various other things I have little knowledge of. My point is that this entire industry that was built will not disappear because a satellite provider of 35,000 subscribers failed.

Sean Mota said:
HD may not fail and it will not but it will be slow coming to a cable/DBS station near you.

I'm sticking with V* for the time being, but I'm just responding because my local Adelphia cable has astonished me with how rapidly the have rolled out HD offerings.

The line-up includes all locals +
750 HD HBO High Definition HBO HBO HD (High Definition)
751 HD SHOWTIME High Definition Showtime Showtime HD (High Definition)
752 HD STARZ Starz High Definition Starz HD (High Definition)
753 HD CINEMAX HD CINEMAX Cinemax HD (High Definition)
770 HD NET HD NET Broadcast HD (High Definition)
771 HDN MOVIES HD NET MOVIES Broadcast HD (High Definition)
772 ESPN HD ESPN High Definition HD PLUS TIER
773 INHD1 iNDemand HD HD PLUS TIER
774 INHD2 iNDemand HD 2 HD PLUS TIER

well, Microsoft thought Linux would fail, and look how popular it is now..How many times was Apple's death knoll sounded, until they invented something called the IPOD!!!

People, when you signed up with Voom, did ANY of you really check their P&L, do an in-depth financial analysis, or investigate their fiscal practices??

Geez, its JUST TV, NOT BRAIN SURGERY!!

I am not a "cool aid drinking" cheerleader either..I have 25+ years of professional sales and marketing experience,with major consumer product manufacturers, so I think I have a pretty good idea of what usually transpires in the business world...

I hope they don't fail, but if they do, i will make a side wager with ANYONE here, that a major entertainment entity, buys them out..I mean 30,000 subscribers is still a nice chunk of change!!

Let's all relax, enjoy a up-converted versiion of Three Stooges On Mars, with Curly-Joe, and just stop over-analyzing the dismal possiblilites of the the best HD option available right now...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)