i have this wild blue dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

wii-psp-ds-master-cube

Original poster
Jun 12, 2008
can i use it for galaxy 18 129 west??

i used to have wild blue but went went slower than dialup.

what sat's can i get with the wild blue dish????

i have a viewsat plantium lite.

i also have a 34" dish.

It looks like the Wild Blue dishes are 28"x26". I think that may be a little too small to pick up Ku band stuff....but the 34" dish would work fine. Doesn't look the Wild Blue LNB will work either. I would stick to the 34" dish and get a standard Ku-band LNB. I use the Viewsat Ultra Lite and it seems to be good so far, but I am still in the process of getting my FTA setup complete.

These might help you out.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...do-w-wildblue-dish-getting-started-guide.html

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/18652-ive-got-fta-setup-now-what-can-i-pick-up.html

In previous threads, it was suggested the stock WildBlue dish/hardware was worth more unmolested than as an FTA dish.
If it can be sold off for a few bucks, then apply that to a good receiver/dish/LNB.

On the other hand, we generally strip the DirecWay dishes of their transmitters.
There doesn't seem to be a market (that I've heard of) for those parts 'n pieces.
You know... there really should be... :cool:
... but since mine was missing the transmitter and stock LNB, who knows...?

In previous threads, it was suggested the stock WildBlue dish/hardware was worth more unmolested than as an FTA dish.
If it can be sold off for a few bucks, then apply that to a good receiver/dish/LNB.

On the other hand, we generally strip the DirecWay dishes of their transmitters.
There doesn't seem to be a market (that I've heard of) for those parts 'n pieces.
You know... there really should be... :cool:
... but since mine was missing the transmitter and stock LNB, who knows...?

I agree with Anole on this subject. If the TRIA and Modem are in working condition you can resell these components and the dish on EBay for a good sum. I think I paid $280 for a complete system (which I am still using today).

If you are not going to use this WB dish and equipment, the value you could get out of it would go a long way for a really great FTA dish or receiver. I think that would be a better avenue than trying to convert the WB dish.

RADAR

well i have this old c-band lnb will that do??

i had wild blue ut swithed back to hughesnet.
the installers took 28 days to install it back in nov 2008, than one i just swithed the cables on the modem and got it setup my self. it was way too slow for me.than they billed me over $300.00 for amonth of service.than i just got a bill for overr $900.00 because i didn't return the hard ware.

well i have this old c-band lnb will that do??

C-band dishes are 6-10 feet across. You should check out the FAQ section for FTA stuff. There is a lot of useful info there that will answer your questions.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/

The FAQ's explain the difference between Ku band and C band, what equipment you need for both of them, how to start setting everything up, and what you can expect to get out of your FTA setup. They really are very helpful.

Last edited:
Doesn't look the Wild Blue LNB will work either.
sorry to revive an old thread, but ive seen this question come up about wildblue dishes a couple times and thought i could help make a little sense about it
there not really worth using for fta.
the wildblue tria (lnb and transmitter assembly) is set up for either right or left circular polarization, that is, it is built for only one or the other
depending on the satellite your system was on you have a right or left polarized lnb and one will not work for the other.
that is one strike against it
the second strike is that there is very little that you can get with fta and a circular polarized lnb let alone one good for only one polarity.
it may be possible on echostar7 to get nasa and angel one if it was a right pol lnb or ion and dish fyi if it was a left, but it would be easier to get an old single sat directv or dish 300 dish and get all 4 channels on 1 dish.
hope this info helps someone,
Denny

the wildblue tria (lnb and transmitter assembly) is set up for either right or left circular polarization, that is, it is built for only one or the other
depending on the satellite your system was on you have a right or left polarized lnb and one will not work for the other.

Denny

Worse than that, the TRIA is for Ka Band, so wouldn't work at all for Ku band.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)