I have to replace my old Samsung LNB with a Geosat PLL dual LNB...do I need any new hardware?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Before I rent a lift and everything, do I need anything else? Or is it simply a swap out? Thanks guys!

We need more info on your setup. What are you trying to do what size dish so we can help you further?

Before I rent a lift and everything, do I need anything else? Or is it simply a swap out? Thanks guys!

Like Danristheman said, we'd need to know more. What type of dish it is, C band, or Ku? What brand and model dish, if you know, would be great. Which Geosat LNB are you thinking of using [model #]? If you could post up a picture or two of the dish, that would be real helpful. The model # of the Samsung LNB may be helpful too.

I'll try to take a picture tomorrow...if i recall correctly it looks like this, though (just standard, not universal). I'll try to find the model number but it is quite old. Its Ku. The dish i think is generic, maybe 90cm (pretty sure thats a standard size and I measured, but I could be making that up haha). I already purchased a SL2PLL that I want to install.

What receiver are you using also we can help with that to. 90 cm is good size to start with are you getting this off of a commercial building?

I'm using the microhd. I already have it all set up, I just need to replace the LNB and coaxial cable. I think something punctured the cable.

Ok when you have signal meter on the screen does it come up 45% or 0. 45% means its sees you have an lnb hooked up just not line up properly to that satellite transponder. If you do replace the cable get high quality rg6 or long distances rg11.

I'll try to take a picture tomorrow...if i recall correctly it looks like this, though (just standard, not universal). I'll try to find the model number but it is quite old. Its Ku. The dish i think is generic, maybe 90cm (pretty sure thats a standard size and I measured, but I could be making that up haha). I already purchased a SL2PLL that I want to install.

If your LNB is like the one in the link, you shouldn't have any problems, the SL2PLL should swap right out with it. If your old LNB is a standard LNB, then even your Lo setting in the receiver should be all set, probably check it just to be sure, the SL2PLL uses 10750 for a Lo.

Is your dish motorized, or is it fixed? If it's motorized, set your LNB skew to zero. If it's a fixed dish, look on http://www.dishpointer.com/ to find the skew for whichever sat it's aimed at.

If your dish is up so high, maybe before you work on it, look around your yard and see if you can find a good LOS somewhere lower down so if you have to do any maintenance to it in the future you won't have to rent a lift?

Hope you have a meter or someone who can be on the phone with you watching the receiver's meter to fine tune it, up and down on a lift to check signal strength at the receiver would be a real pain!

Yes, it will go right in.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)