I hope Charlie was watching South Park last night!

I've had MUCH fewer problems watching Netflix on my AppleTV that I do with scratched discs at the local video store. Not to mention the fact that I can decide to watch a movie and not have to get in th ecar, spend gas, spend time, HOPE they have it in stock, etc. I just don't understand why people would still do that if they have reliable broadband.

I might buy a disc I want to keep, but I would not go to the trouble to rent one any longer.

I rent by mail.

One problem, We do not have unlimited broad band access. I expect that in the near future internet access will be charged on a per use bases. In other words the average cost to get on the net will be around $200.00 per month thus making the come back of video stores a sure thing.

God I hope not. Surely the government will step in sooner than later and stop this kind of gouging by the internet companies. Otherwise the future is going to be very grim for a lot of companies like netflix ,hula etc.

David Taylor said:
I just don't understand why people would still do that if they have reliable broadband.
Therein lies your answer. Much of the US (myself included) do not have access to affordable, reliable, FAST internet. I pay $53/mo for 2.5mbps wireless DSL. Nothing else affordably available, with unlimited bandwidth (i.e., no caps). 4G just arrived, and there's DISHnet, of course. But both have extremely low bandwidth caps, without paying through the nose.

"Much of the US do not have access to affordable, reliable, FAST internet"
This was one of the funnier lines delivered in this South Park episode. Very funny and well worth watching.

I guess it is surprising that some people don't have access to decent broadband. I live in a small town of 4500 people in Texas and I'm not even close to any major cities. There is a city of about 100K 20 miles away, but that's it. I get 20Mb down and no caps for $42/month with Time-Warner.

You would be surprised where you can't get (good) high speed internet, its not just rural areas. I know people that live in Boston and NYC and the fastest they can get is 728k and thats on a good day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts