Status
Please reply by conversation.

Shawn95GT

Tivo fanatic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 9, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
The Good news is.... I was able to get all the sats from 45w through 148w entered, in the order I wanted, and I was able to assign DiSEqC positions 1-36 to the C/Ku sats that I can see.

The bad news... channel master totally dorked the DiSEqC switch settings translating positions 1 and 4 on the DiSEqC switch to 3 and 6. Yes 6 - lol. Luckily, this isn't too hard to fix from the receiver. Since I'll be going into each one to re-save the DiSEqC 1.2 positions anyways, I can re-do the DiSEqC 1.0 switch settings.

The worst part... it zeroed all my skew numbers. Anyone know off the top of their heads (or care to check) if +45 or -45 is H and V? It won't be too hard to figure out, but damn this sucks - lol.

I'm going to dig up GTools and see if it does any better or worse loading the channel list. If it'd at least fix up the switch settings I'll just need to reset the skew settings.

Frustrated in PHX...

Shawn, are you still using the VBox?

By the way, I have been able to map from 37.5 W to 123 W. I have a 10 feet dish, with Aspen 24 inch mover.

yup - still using the VBOX. To be honest I haven't had it in use enough to say if I save the problem many of the others here have been having with the unit. So far recalling a given sat position (I had a half dozen in there I would bounce between) is working like a champ.

I'll know for real once I get all the sats dialed in. I've been able to tune in 45w through 135w with my trees getting in the way West of that. Time to trim the trees :dev .

I think I need to tweak the focal length a bit. Some stuff is just booming in (Cox Sports on IA13 C-band pegs the quality meter) but Ku isn't quite right. I'll try moving the feedhorn in and out of the scaler ring but that should pretty much be set as-per the F/D ratio of the dish. Since I fabbed the feed support arms with absolutely nothing to compare them too - My focal length is likely the culprit. I think the scaler ring is just a tad (within 1/4") too far from the dish.

I'll get it figured out. On Ku my signal is there, it's just weak. I think a 5' Prime focus with a high end Norsat Ku LNB should out perform my 26x36 Primestar with a 0.3 universal LNB. Even the Dish 121 barker is only giving me like 40% quality.

I finally got the Pansat sorted out. Note to others - stay away from Channelmaster on the 3500s!

Shawn95GT said:
The Good news is.... I was able to get all the sats from 45w through 148w entered, in the order I wanted, and I was able to assign DiSEqC positions 1-36 to the C/Ku sats that I can see.

The bad news... channel master totally dorked the DiSEqC switch settings translating positions 1 and 4 on the DiSEqC switch to 3 and 6. Yes 6 - lol. Luckily, this isn't too hard to fix from the receiver. Since I'll be going into each one to re-save the DiSEqC 1.2 positions anyways, I can re-do the DiSEqC 1.0 switch settings.

The worst part... it zeroed all my skew numbers. Anyone know off the top of their heads (or care to check) if +45 or -45 is H and V? It won't be too hard to figure out, but damn this sucks - lol.

I'm going to dig up GTools and see if it does any better or worse loading the channel list. If it'd at least fix up the switch settings I'll just need to reset the skew settings.

Frustrated in PHX...

My experience is limited to digital Ku , but it has taught me channel lists & channel list programs cause more problems than they fix . :-(

I suspect this is true on digital C band , too ?

Wyr

WyrTwister said:
My experience is limited to digital Ku , but it has taught me channel lists & channel list programs cause more problems than they fix . :-(

I suspect this is true on digital C band , too ?

Wyr
Same reciever, so same problems. I did finally get it the way I wanted it. It was a pain to say the least.

Now to see if this VBOX is going to work out....

If not, The Pansat is going to find the C-band side slaved to the Analog receiver.

I'll get the SG2100 and Primestar dish back in action (for ease of use) if I do this.

Shawn

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)