I just got my new LNB!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nthompson711

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
well,
now I have the new LNb and I am realy confused...
so I set the dish in the correct elivation, azimuth and skew,
turned my traxis 2500 on and brought up the sat instalation menu.
I couldnt find IA5 so I used americas5.
I had asked the users of satelliteguys.us if you could do this and they said
that as long as the transponder was correct then this was ok...
so I got the transponder set
and got about 75% signal which is pretty good for IA5 from what I understand.
well I did a channel scan and it kept on giving me a "channel not found" error.
I did this about 5 times before I gave up in disgust.
I am at a loss.
I just want one channel off of one satellite,
not too complicated, right?

So, my question is :
do I now have a 8pound 100$ paperweight?
can I reset the box to get IA5 as one of the satellites available?

I realy want to make this work and want to exhaust ALL options before
purchasing a reciever that is not a piece of garbage.

thanks,
nathan

Americas5 will work its just a name. What kind of LNBF did you get? If its a universal you will need to change the L.O. setting to.........

09750-10600

The Traxis is a great wee box and has one of the best pictures out there, hang in there! It may not have blind scan or USALS but you will always have a use for it : )

Remember signal strength means......not a lot!

You are looking for signal quality!

You need to set the LO Frequency to the correct value, usually 10750. This is done through the receiver. Also you must make sure your looking for a live transponder.

Set your Freq to 11789
Set your Symbol Rate to 25000

Hopefully others with the same receiver can help with where to change each of these componets.

I got tha asc321s
recommended to me from this site...
so PSB you have a traxis?
I am refering to 75% on the bottom bar in the sat setup menu
I made a transponder that has 11789 v 25000
I am just confused...

lo frequency is so the receiver knows what type of LNB its using
10750 for standard LNB
11250 for DBS frequency
9750 for universal

L.O. = Local Oscillator Its a value that needs to be set up for the LNBF in the antenna setup screen.

I don't have a Traxis set up right now.

so, my traxis just asks if the LNB is
universal
standard
dbs
I guess the values must be preset?

The ASC321s is a STANDARD LNBF.

Its a great LNBF, I still use one EVERYDAY!

yeah I think It was you that reccomended it to me!
I think it will work great!

so do I need to redownload the software for my traxis??
any recomendations??

I don't think its worth downloading any new software for the Traxis at this point in time, I think the latest firmware only corrects a slight problem with one of the menu screens so there is not much point.

Here is where future software downloads will be...........

http://dmsiusa.com/software.htm

I think they call it the Traxis 2500 these days.

NO WAY! It may not have blind scan/USALS but it has one of the best pictures out there.............that maybe important to you one day!

No, it will work but they are not plug and play it takes time. Once you get the LO and your Freq and Symbol rate, and the Polarity set you need to start to swing the dish and watch the quality meter on your tv until it registers.

yea that is exactly what I did,
I got 75% quality
but when I scanned the transponders "no channels found" is all it said...

Did you scan for FTA only or for all channels? The transponder may only have scrambled channels; therefore, even if you have quality, you won't get any channels if you only searched for FTA.

I actually have a Traxis 2500. My only complaint is that the serial port doesn't seem to work. I can't get it to talk with my laptop. The last firmware update was intended to fix the shakes in the screen, and there is an update for the satellite list. I wanted to be able to do blind searches, so I bought a different receiver. The Traxis is now on a second TV. The only other downside to this receiver is that it can only use either a motor or a DISEQC switch. It can't use both at the same time. Once the new universal lnb (does both circular and linear polarity) comes out, this won't be an issue. But right now you cannot hook up both a standard lnb and a DBS lnb to the Traxis 2500 at the same time. The advantage to having both lnbs mounted is that you can get many audio channels and a few FTA channels on the Echostar and Nimq satellites. Also, about a month ago, Nimq1/3 had a movie channel in the clear, but you needed a DBS lnb (circular polarity) to view the channel. I picked up a DBS lnb on Ebay for about $10.00 . They cost about $30-$40 at WalMart.

Thanks for the info rjc :)

I know some receivers just won't work with both..

My Coolsat will work with a 22k and a Diseqc but the Diseqc has to be between the receiver and 22k, not the other way around

I know that the Fortec has separate settings for DISEQC and motor/USALS. But on the Traxis, it's all one setting. You must either choose motor, A,B,C,or D. Since one LNB is hooked up to switch A and the other lnb is hooked up to switch B, there's no way to move the Dish via the remote and receiver.

I did find a workaround. Bypass the motor altogether. Then send the wife or girlfriend out to the dish, and have her hold down the button on the motor until the channel comes in :)

This must be why I haven't been able to get a picture using my Viacast receiver for the last two days of playing. I also have a universal LNBF and I was entering 10750000 for the LO and not 9750000. Could this be why?

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.