I just spoke with the installer. Is this right?

rgerst

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 7, 2006
Fairhope, AL
I was scheduled for 3/25/06 for my 622 install. I am in a superdish market for my locals and I was told that I need dish 500 pointed at 129/61.5 and a DPP44 switch. I just got off the phone with the installer and he does not have a DPP44 switch. He said if I can live without my locals for a couple of weeks they will be moving off of 105 and onto 110/119. This means he can install a new dish 1000 and get me up and running without the missing DPP44 switch? In fact he said with the Dish 1000 I would not need a switch at all since I will not be feeding any other receivers??

Sorry. I posted this in the wrong forum. Can someone delete this thread? I created an identical thread in the dish network forum.

"This means he can install a new dish 1000 and get me up anthe missing DPP44 switch? In fact he said with the Dish 1000 I would not need a switch at all since I will not be feeding any other receivers??"

If you're only gonna have the 622 then that is correct. But I don't know about your locals moving to 119/110 in a couple of weeks. I know they will be moved but don't know when.

Thanks dfergie.

RandallA, I have read in numerous threads that the superdish markets were going to disappear. If not in a couple of weeks, then how long? What is the worst case scenario?

They won't be all moved to 110/119 until Echostar X is in place and fully operational. E* still hasn't resolved the interference issues with D* at 110. The FCC won't authorize E10 for use until those issues are resolved. It could be a month or several months before E* is allowed to broadcast from E10.

Voyager6 said:
They won't be all moved to 110/119 until Echostar X is in place and fully operational. E* still hasn't resolved the interference issues with D* at 110. The FCC won't authorize E10 for use until those issues are resolved. It could be a month or several months before E* is allowed to broadcast from E10.

Hmmm...... I guess I can live without the SD locals for a month or two. I live 18 miles from the broadcast towers and I should get the HD locals OTA. My only other option is to wait for the DPP44 switch and demand to have a dish 500 put up for the HD channels.:confused:

My installer arrived at 8:15 AM in a nice new E* van loaded with supplies. He was a very nice older Gentleman. We went over the work order and he decided that he would rather run a 2nd line from the 622 to TV2. He said that he does not trust the diplexers?? He crawled into the attic and after looking over the situation he decided that using diplexers would be a good idea.:rolleyes:

Now the fun begins. He took off my superdish and assembled the dish 1000. He had to install a smaller pole inside the poll that the superdish was mounted on. He mounted the dish 1000 and attached the LNBS. The man said I was only his 2nd dish 1000 install and it was evident. It took him nearly 2 hours and several calls to his (technician) to get all 3 sats aligned. He could only get 129 at 60%. Should I be concerned about that? My dish 1000 is mounted in the back yard with clear line of sight.

Now he set up the 622. This took several calls to the E* tech department. This was the first 622 the installer had seen. TV1 looked great however I had to go into the menu and change the resolution to 1080i after he left. He set up TV2 using the RF modulated output and the diplexers. The picture looked great however the sound was terrible. It sounded like it was coming from a ham radio. He tried several remedies however they all failed. He even ran a length of coax from the 622 to TV2. Nothing worked. He finally decided that he was done with this install and he told me that I should call E* and request a replacement unit.

I signed his paper and sent him on his way at 12:30. 4.5 hours to install a dish 1000 and swap out a 510 with a 622?? After he left I called E* about the sound issue with TV2. They told me to unplug the unit for 1 minute. That solved it. I can't believe the installer did not try such a simple fix!!

All in all I am happy with the unit. I have seen a few of the same audio issues that others have reported. I have not seen any spontaneous rebooting.

I installed a Dish 1000 myself (per the directions) last weekend and had to increase the elevation a couple degrees to get 129 to come in strong enough. This decreased 119' signal down from 125+ to 102, but increased 129 from 50 to 86.

When I installed my first 1000, it took 5 hours, but I had to spec out the existing install, install 2 new outlets and play musical dishes due to LOS issues. E* told me the elevation number in the manual were wrong, and to bring the dish up 4 degrees.

Old Guy said:
I installed a Dish 1000 myself (per the directions) last weekend and had to increase the elevation a couple degrees to get 129 to come in strong enough. This decreased 119' signal down from 125+ to 102, but increased 129 from 50 to 86.

Thanks Old Guy! Last night I raised the elevation of the dish 1000 by 2 degrees. This brought 129 up to 80% and dropped 119 to 90%. I can live with that.:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)