I like the Voom remote!

barth2k

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2004
Specifically, I like the tactile feel of the buttons. Most remote have tiny round or oblong buttons that are also hard and/or sticky to press. Voom's buttons are just the right size for me and feel right when I press them. One of these days, I'm going to get one of those fancy programmables to replace my mess of remotes. Anyone knows of one that have buttons like the Voom's remote?

thanks

Here's what I have (mx500):

mx500.1.jpg

Can't say enough great things about this remote. Has worked great with Voom. Where it says 'SAT' above, mine says 'VOOM'. Then, that menu has buttons labelled 'voom' (for the big Voom button), 'watch', 'red', 'green', etc.

I've been tempted to upgrade to the mx700, just not tempted enough to spend the cash yet. :cool:

key bounce

so am i the only one whose remotes seem to have 'keybounce'? when i press a button it often behaves as if i pressed the button twice in rapid succession. im not holding them down too long, and i don't have this problem with any other remotes. reminds me of the keyboard on the radio shack TRS-80 model I computer i had in 1979.

I just recently purchased the mx-700. Love it, pretty much the same as the mx-500 I think except 2x the cost with the ability to program through the PC. Now my wife can actually turn the home theater on and switch to voom, dvd, pc, etc. with the touch of a button. She didn't particulary enjoy reading her page of directions to watch TV.

I'll tell you one thing: the Voom remote is the only remote I have gotten that will also control my Gateway (Sampo) plasma TV. It must have a great code database.

Of course my Pronto will, but I mean with "canned" codes, not learning.

Once I got used to the VOOM remote I loved it. It gives you instant access to News, Sports, Movies. I programmed my favorites to be only HD (all 40 of them) so I have instant access to HD programs to see what is on. Sure it could be improved.....all remotes can be improved. But it is handy and useful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)