I like...

We've posted some of the "more interesting" locations on the "coffeecrew" blog via our site this morning! I'm amazed at the places
that are regularly checking in! Nice to see! And, many more "semi-local" places are also joining us online! It's nice
to see the reach of the station grow each day!

That is what makes the locally owned (or locally run) AM (usually) stations rock. The fact they say where folks are listening in from :)

Some of the places that have found us!

Attachments

• BELDING.JPG
    BELDING.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 128
  • BRAZIL.JPG
    BRAZIL.JPG
    9.6 KB · Views: 118
  • CANTON, MI.JPG
    CANTON, MI.JPG
    21.4 KB · Views: 117
  • COLDWATER MI.JPG
    COLDWATER MI.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 111
  • COLOMBIA.JPG
    COLOMBIA.JPG
    11.9 KB · Views: 98
  • COLUMBUS, NE.JPG
    COLUMBUS, NE.JPG
    11.2 KB · Views: 121
  • ELKO, NV.JPG
    ELKO, NV.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 113
  • Ireland.JPG
    Ireland.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 126
  • Longueuil Canada.JPG
    Longueuil Canada.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Milwaukee, WI.JPG
    Milwaukee, WI.JPG
    15.5 KB · Views: 121
  • MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA.JPG
    MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 110
  • NEW YORK, NY.JPG
    NEW YORK, NY.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 121
  • ORLANDO FL.JPG
    ORLANDO FL.JPG
    10.4 KB · Views: 123
  • PASCOE, WA.JPG
    PASCOE, WA.JPG
    12.4 KB · Views: 136
  • ROCHESTER HILLS MI.JPG
    ROCHESTER HILLS MI.JPG
    19.4 KB · Views: 118
  • SHREVE, OH.JPG
    SHREVE, OH.JPG
    16.5 KB · Views: 121
  • ST JOHNS.JPG
    ST JOHNS.JPG
    10.7 KB · Views: 121
  • TOLEDO, OH.JPG
    TOLEDO, OH.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 140
  • Toronto.JPG
    Toronto.JPG
    23.4 KB · Views: 119
  • UK LISTENER.JPG
    UK LISTENER.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 121
We have a local station like that, KMOO (I kid you not). I like that they on air personalities announce where callers are from.

When I first saw the thread title I thought Scott was going to sing us some Sir Mix-A-Lot for a second. :D

We have a local station like that, KMOO (I kid you not). I like that they on air personalities announce where callers are from.

whats wrong with KMOO? We have KOWZ here on FM
and the best one ever.....K the University of Minnesota Morris.....yup KUMM :D

whats wrong with KMOO? We have KOWZ here on FM
and the best one ever.....K the University of Minnesota Morris.....yup KUMM :D

One of the industries in East Texas is the agriculture industry. I just shake my head when I see the billboard advertising for KMOO. Every now and then I will listen in when they have the KMOO country store where callers call in trying to buy or sell stuff. What's funny is those people actually say their contact information over the air for everyone to hear. Some of the stuff they try to sell or buy is interesting it itself....

I can imagine what people say about KUMM.... :D

Every now and then I will listen in when they have the KMOO country store where callers call in trying to buy or sell stuff. What's funny is those people actually say their contact information over the air for everyone to hear.
same thing locally on KCHK AM1350. They have the trading post

think craigslist for old people...you call in wiht crap you want to sell or buy. Whats funny is the vehicles on there folks try to sell.
"Yeah I got a 1982 F150. Its got 650,000 miles on it but only 300,000 on this rebuilt motor. Its pretty rusty but its got new tires and I'm asking $3,000"

They give their number over the air. The best ones are when they say "Yeah this is Jim in Belle Plaine" then give the number

Another thing I like is that Jim and Gary are working together now, Jim is coming in with storm closings, while Garry is hosting and playing some great tunes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)