I-Link 9500 HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
the specs listed in many other places say it DOES do it....that is why i am looking for somebody with hands on experience....

I Link 9500 HD Specifications & Features

• DVB-S2 MPEG4(H 264) HD USB PVR RECEIVER
• MPEG2 MP@ML, MPEG2 MP@HL, MPEG4 AVC/H 264 HP@L4
• MPEG-1 Audio L1/2, 2ch Down-mix: MPEG-4 AAC, HE-AAC, Dolby, Digital, MP3, WMA support
• 7 Favorite Channel Groups
• HDMI Output Support
• Component (YPbPr) Video Output Support
• Mono, Stereo Audio Output Support
• S/PDIF for Dolby Digital Audio Output (Coaxial)
• Software Upgrade Via USB & RS-232C From PC (PC to Set) or Set (Set to Set Support
• 2 USB memory Support (HOST 2.0)
• PVR-Ready (Recording, Play, Timeshift etc)
• Fast Channel Switching Time – Max, 10000 Channels TV & Radio programmable
• Various Video Aspect Ratio With 4:3, Pan & Scan, Full Screen and 16:9 Support
• Advanced Graphic and Electronic Program Guide (7 days EPG)
• Timer function (coupled EPG) for switch on and off
• Parental control of individual channels and system
• Subtitle supported Teletext supported by VBI insertion and software emulation
• Zoom In / Out
• Multi Language OSD Menu (English, Russian, Francais, Arabic, Persian, Turkey, Deutch, Spanish, Italian, Netherlands, Portuguese)
• Quick Find function in Channel List
• Powerful Sort in Channel List ( A-Z, FTA, Scramble etc)
• Auto Channel Searching function
• Program search in automatic, advanced and manual way​

from a simple google it looks like the DVB-S2 is not "factory" DVB-S2 if you catch my drift. Also noticed they heavily advertise that it has a ethernet port which furthers point 1.

There are 2 types of DVB-S2 8PSK boards out there.....one that gets the legal stuff and one that won't. A good example is Pansat. There are 2 boards out there. That factory one that can lock PBS, RTV, etc and a 3rd party "illuminate" board that can lock Dish stuff and wont lock the normal S2 stuff

from a simple google it looks like the DVB-S2 is not "factory" DVB-S2 if you catch my drift. Also noticed they heavily advertise that it has a ethernet port which furthers point 1.

There are 2 types of DVB-S2 8PSK boards out there.....one that gets the legal stuff and one that won't. A good example is Pansat. There are 2 boards out there. That factory one that can lock PBS, RTV, etc and a 3rd party "illuminate" board that can lock Dish stuff and wont lock the normal S2 stuff

i realize all of that....but in the specs it says DVB-S2....and technical specs normally refer to the receiver "as is" or "out of the box"....without any add-ons or modifications....

i realize all of that....but in the specs it says DVB-S2....and technical specs normally refer to the receiver "as is" or "out of the box"

so whats the difference if its built in or if its a card? Both can be built the same way. Again they can list any specs they want to make you feel warm and fuzzy inside. I know a great example is the Captiveworks 600. It had in the specs blind scan yet it didnt work at all. But the point is there are 2 types of boards out there...one that gets legal stuff and one that doesn't.
I know there are some other receivers out there (and have been reported) that are the same way. They claim DVB-S2 built in yet wont pick up any legal DVB-S2 because the S2 card built in only handles Turbo 8PSK (AKA Dish)

I know there are some other receivers out there (and have been reported) that are the same way. They claim DVB-S2 built in yet wont pick up any legal DVB-S2 because the S2 card built in only handles Turbo 8PSK (AKA Dish)

there are no receivers on the market (or ever have been) that can pickup turbo 8psk "out of the box"....that is for obvious legal reasons....that would be asking for a lawsuit....how could you justify in a court of law why you are selling a receiver with turbo 8psk when there are NO FTA transponders that require it?....lol....case closed....guilty!

and i agree with you there are MANY receivers sold that advertise DVB-S2 but dont do it....SV8000 is a good example....they dont make an add on card for the ILink 9500HD for DVB-S2 (legal FTA)....so if it doesnt do DVB-S2 "out of the box" like they claim then im screwed....thats what im trying to find out....

Last edited:
so whats the difference if its built in or if its a card? Both can be built the same way. )

because they dont make a DVB-S2 add on for the legal stuff....thats the difference....they only make the turbo 8psk....so if it wont get DVB-S2 "out of the box" i dont want it....thats what im trying to find out....

You may have to call the dealer to find out, and buy it, if he says "yes, it does", and then check it out . If it doesn't work , you'll have to send it back . Find a reputable dealer, or buy on ebay where you can ask the questions in public and build a foundation for returning it if it doesn't perform as advertised by the dealer and by the questions you ask prior to purchase. Clearly, no one on this forum is testifying that the receiver is a fine dvb-s2 box, so far.
:)

there are no receivers on the market (or ever have been) that can pickup turbo 8psk "out of the box"....that is for obvious legal reasons....that would be asking for a lawsuit....how could you justify in a court of law why you are selling a receiver with turbo 8psk when there are NO FTA transponders that require it?....lol....case closed....guilty!.

All they have to do is say it does DVB-S2.....whether it does only QPSK or QPSK & 8PSK or whatever is up to interpretation...how many receivers went out with the "newest factory software" in it only to be hackerware? Again you can write down any specs you want to sell a bunch of them to folks ;)

Yup by the looks no one here has this receiver .. so looks like no one will answer you so move on and buy it yourself to find out

Look on ebay for your best info. Sellers "can't" list bad info there.
No mention of DVB-S2 or 8PSK.
Now there are "8PSK" Add-On boards available, but for the original price of the unit, shouldn't need an add-on board (hint - hint Pansat)
But the Add-On cards does fit several other "popular" models.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)