I may leave DISH

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sprprsnmn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2006
I have been with DISH now for almost 2 years, and have been very happy with the service up until now. My first DVR died about a year ago, but they promptly sent me a new one.

Recently, my latest unit died (just before football season started!!!), and the replacement they shipped me was defective. It couldn't decode encrypted channels. Not a lot of good to watch a TV that can pick up OTA and the "you are watching 61.5" channel.

I was on the phone with Dish for a hour on Friday trying to troubleshoot it. They did agree to send a tech out with a new unit rather than UPS me another one, since I complained about missing the start of football season. Nice of them. The tech came in the middle of the game... to bring me a 722K. Not the 722 I had, but one without OTA. Great. I miss most of the game, and now I can't watch the rest of it in HD, b/c Dish doesn' have my locals in HD. D* does, but not Dish.

I have been an extremely happy DISH customer so far, and want to remain one for years to come. But with service like this, I might consider switching to something else. Even cable.

You'll go elsewhere and have another "crisis". It's inevitable.

Kab is right.
Unfortunately ota users are a minority. It might be best to just suck it up and fork over the fee for the module.
It's not right, but the grass isn't always greener some where else either.

As I said in another thread, $30.00 to be able to record 4 programs at a time is a bargain. That said, I understand your frustration. Dish needs to do a better job of coordinating the OTA modules through their techs. And remember, most CSR's don't know a 722 or K from a Waring Blender.

I would say not to leave. As KAB stated, you can jump for every crisis, because its bound to happen. Evaluate over service and value for dollar. Take the 722k and get them to give you an OTA tuner, youll love it. Im sure we'll see more problems as 622/722 users get stuck with a 722k a no tuner.

what has stopped you from hooking up antenna directly to tv and scanning channels in that way until you can get an ota module? Where there's a will there's a way

what has stopped you from hooking up antenna directly to tv and scanning channels in that way until you can get an ota module? Where there's a will there's a way

his tv may just be a monitor without a ATSC tuner. can't watch something if you can't hook it up. i would call dish and tell them that you cannot receive your locals OTA now cause this unit doesn't have the abilty like the last one did. then gripe when they say it is $30 for the module. they might throw you a bone.

BuuuBYE, BYE, BYE, see ya, have fun. I agree with ya, leave, go where you will be happy, which to me sounds like it will be no where unless you get your own way. Have fun see ya.

I remember a memo about this a few weeks ago. If we swap out a 722 with a 722k we are supposed to provide the ota module free of charge to the customer. Problem is getting the damn things in the warehouse. Last time I did a swap like this I contacted customer service and had them ship the customer an OTA module just to be sure they actually got one for free. Just call dish and bitch about it and I'm sure they'll send you one. Just be glad you got a 722 of any kind. by dish business rules, we can put in a 622 as a replacement for a 722. Same goes with the 522 & 625. It's a leased receiver and you didn't "buy" it so as long as it has comparable features they can do it.

I remember once back when I had AT&T for my cellphone and that sh!tty cell phone insurance company sent me some LG peice of sh*t to replace my MOTO RAZR sighting their "comparable features" clause. That's one of the reasons I ended up leaving AT&T. The LG phone didn't work well in my house and I kept droping calls. Called AT&T and they didn't want to do anything about it. Now I have Verizon. I just wish Verizon didn't cripple their phones to make you spend money for ringtones and stuff.

his tv may just be a monitor without a ATSC tuner. can't watch something if you can't hook it up. i would call dish and tell them that you cannot receive your locals OTA now cause this unit doesn't have the abilty like the last one did. then gripe when they say it is $30 for the module. they might throw you a bone.

Or it may be like mine, a 6 year old Sony rear-projection crt with only a NTSC tuner. I have a 722 hooked to it and use the OTA tuner all the time for locals. They look a ton better than the Dish HD locals even on my old TV. The only drawback is it takes a lot more disk space to record OTA vs Dish.

in the time you spent composing your original post, you could have probably already gotten off of chat with a csr and had one sent to you. the csr's their only have computers. not crystal balls. they cant detect you need something unless you ask. glad it worked out for you in the end.

in the time you spent composing your original post, you could have probably already gotten off of chat with a csr and had one sent to you. the csr's their only have computers. not crystal balls. they cant detect you need something unless you ask. glad it worked out for you in the end.
My grandpa always said, " Guys with crystal balls shouldn't throw rocks!":D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts