I "moved" about 1 year ago and my account is now referred to Directv fraud department.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

info411man

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Columbus, KS
I "MOVED" my physical address about 1 year ago and left my "billing" address the same, now directv has shut off my service and referred me to their fraud dept. I've had service with them for over 11 years and never been deactivated for non-payment. Any suggestions on how I should handle this with the fraud dept.?
Thanks

Stacking is getting 1 account and sharing it between multiple addresses. While "moving" is generally considered acceptable by the members of this site stacking is not. I believe if you are caught moving they will just switch your service address back to the correct one. If you are caught stacking they may shut off your account.

If the address you used to "move" is a legit address and someone moves in there and signs up that would show a red flag.

Thats why its best to make sure the address you use has NO WAY of being used other than by you. Thats why you add an apt # or use the # of the house off by a smidge ;)

yep thats what I did :)

Weird thing is I "moved", then moved back to upgrade to the HR34 and when I "moved" back the other day I gave the rep the address and she said "Did you have this address before". I was like "yeah" and she said "Oh that makes my job easier. I'll just select that address".

Actually worked out better as that address has the "county" option and the issue is the county it is in gets you SV stations....the default county (as in the 1st one) gets you a minimal amount of stations and the 1st time I used it the rep couldnt figure out to select the right county.

County A has NBC, ABC from Mpls, CBS in HD from Mankato...Fox in SD national PBS and CW (the wrong one)
County B has Minneapolis stations (all 12 of them) + the Mankato CBS & Fox

I'm back up and running, told them I moved back to billing address last month, he told me to call cust service and make payment on my account and then call him back to activate my receivers. I made payment called back and left him VM he didn't call back so I called cust service and they reinstated my account including DNS channels, don't know how long they'll stay but I'm all good for now. Thanks for the words of wisdom in case I "MOVE" again in the future.

It seems like it is a lot more difficult to "move" on DirecTV than it is with Dish, seems like they really nail things down while Dish could not care less.

If the address you used to "move" is a legit address and someone moves in there and signs up that would show a red flag.

Thats why its best to make sure the address you use has NO WAY of being used other than by you. Thats why you add an apt # or use the # of the house off by a smidge ;)

Thank you real estate sites and Google Earth maps!

I'm amazed this was so easily resolved. I would think that once something is referred to the Fraud Dept., it would take more than a simple phone call to get them reinstate the account. In all the years of reading these boards though, this is the first time I've heard of anyone running into trouble for "moving." Glad it had a good outcome.

yep thats what I did :)

Weird thing is I "moved", then moved back to upgrade to the HR34 and when I "moved" back the other day I gave the rep the address and she said "Did you have this address before". I was like "yeah" and she said "Oh that makes my job easier. I'll just select that address".

Actually worked out better as that address has the "county" option and the issue is the county it is in gets you SV stations....the default county (as in the 1st one) gets you a minimal amount of stations and the 1st time I used it the rep couldnt figure out to select the right county.

County A has NBC, ABC from Mpls, CBS in HD from Mankato...Fox in SD national PBS and CW (the wrong one)
County B has Minneapolis stations (all 12 of them) + the Mankato CBS & Fox

Iceberg,

I'm in Colorado and would like to get the RSN for the SF Giants games. If I move to SF would that cause a problem with my dish alignment or are we on the same transponders?

It wouldn't affect your dish alignment in any way. Being so far from the spot beam for SF, you wouldn't receive the local channels, but you would get the rsn.

It wouldn't affect your dish alignment in any way. Being so far from the spot beam for SF, you wouldn't receive the local channels, but you would get the rsn.

Thanks. Don't care about the locals, I use an antenna and HTPC for those. Only concern is which RSNs are available since I'll want the CU games when college football and basketball starts, but they were usually on other FSNs last year that are most likely in the SF area. But, I guess I can move back when the season starts.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)