I need a little help

Patchen

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 7, 2005
I have a question, I feel like I'm getting hustled here.

Called dish on Tuesday, we're experience a LNB drift, they dispatched for a service call. Everything is within my warranty periods, so no problems.

Until Intertech came into the picture. Intertech is the company that handles all of our service calls.

When our "tech" came and installed our HD a little bit ago, he was a boob. Didn't say much, just glad to have it installed. But after the installation, he kept pushing that we should never call dish again for anything. Just to contact them, that it was THEIR warranty on the system.

I tried to call intertech several times that evening, and only received a busy signal. So, finally I called dish.

Sorry back on point, the tech shows up this morning, promptly tells my wife. We're going to be billed twice for this call, once by intertech and once by dish. He climbs the roof, gets off. Says, sorry don't have the part. If you would have called us, I would have known, and had it ordered. I can't come back till the end of next week, when I have the part. Your dish is probably going to stop working by than.

What would you do in this case?

I have a question, I feel like I'm getting hustled here.

Called dish on Tuesday, we're experience a LNB drift, they dispatched for a service call. Everything is within my warranty periods, so no problems.

Until Intertech came into the picture. Intertech is the company that handles all of our service calls.

When our "tech" came and installed our HD a little bit ago, he was a boob. Didn't say much, just glad to have it installed. But after the installation, he kept pushing that we should never call dish again for anything. Just to contact them, that it was THEIR warranty on the system.

I tried to call intertech several times that evening, and only received a busy signal. So, finally I called dish.

Sorry back on point, the tech shows up this morning, promptly tells my wife. We're going to be billed twice for this call, once by intertech and once by dish. He climbs the roof, gets off. Says, sorry don't have the part. If you would have called us, I would have known, and had it ordered. I can't come back till the end of next week, when I have the part. Your dish is probably going to stop working by than.

What would you do in this case?

If that tech was sent out by Dish to intall HD in the first place then I would call Dish back and tell them the situation. Sound like this intertech is making you pay for their mistakes.

The tech

This isn't the first time I've had a problem with intertech. It took three calls to get them to install a super dish.

I called dish, complaining. They're going to reschedule with another installer. They're suppose to be here Tuesday. If it's intertech. I'm cancelling my dish...

Not to justify the installers actions, but what happens when you call dish instead of the contractor is, dish back charges the whole job to the contractor. That being said the tech should have never left the shop without bringing a spare LNB for the job.

When dish generates a service call for LNB Drift it says so right on the work order. The tech should have known right away that he would need to bring a replacement LNB. If he was the same tech who performed the install he should have known what LNB(s) you have. The LNB drift issue should be a free svc call to the customer, but either way the subcontractor will not be charged back for it (equipment failure) and he has absolutely no right and no means by which to charge you as a customer.

I worked for Intertech for 4 long years. That company is the shaddiest company I have ever had to deal with. Their based out of Lockport New York and the people there just all around don't give two sheets about the customers or their employees. I could go on for hours about them but I won't.

I guess my problem is, I asked the guy why I should call them instead of dish for tech support. He just said, "because it's our warranty." I tried to call, they don't have 24 hour tech support, even though it's listed on their website. They only have tech support from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.

The drift really only starts wigging out when we're in our bedroom on the second tv, and we have both of the tvs - Dual DVR - on which is always after 9 p.m.

Here's my problem with Intertech, they do crappy work if they even do the work. This company screwed over my brother also. They had a Friday afternoon appointment between 12-5. They called about 4 p.m. and talked to my sister in law, saying they were on a late service call and had to reschedule for Saturday morning, that they weren't going to get away in time. Problem was, they called from up the street about 1/10 of the mile. They parked in a parking lot of a antique store. My brother just happened to drive by, coming home early from work and saw them sitting there. The next morning, it stormed like hell, and my brother called dish to complain the night before. The tech was up on the roof the next morning, in a thunderstorm, because Dish told them they had to have it done Saturday and my brother was being a dick to prove a point.

The point of being a sub-contractor for anyone, you're carrying the main companies name and representing them. Intertech obviously has issues, and I no longer want any part of them.

The company I work for is owned by a much much larger company, not the same thing, but as an employee I not only represent my place of business, but the parent company too. Same thing with a sub - you represent dish, and you should be held accountable for your actions.

One last little story, got home from the store today and there's a message on my machine. It's from intertech, telling me that I'm not allowed to call Dish for tech support and service calls. I have to call them, intertech to schedule things. I saved the message just for giggles.

Intertech won't be stepping foot on my property again.

yes

I didn't get a response, but it was asking for either my account or phone number.

Oh I did.

I sent my phone number so they can look that way...

I'm assuming they don't work weekends, so I'll hear back on Monday. Once I do, I'll post their response on here...

I worked for Intertech for 4 long years. That company is the shaddiest company I have ever had to deal with. Their based out of Lockport New York and the people there just all around don't give two sheets about the customers or their employees. I could go on for hours about them but I won't.

A relative got smart after a week with them in sales. Their attitute was horrible. We always call Dish directly because we have had our service long enough that we did not get it through Intertech. We did all of the original install ourselves and still do most of it if they will allow us.

However, I must say that we have had a couple of installers from Intertech that did upgrade work for us that were really great. I'm pretty sure they arent with them any more.

I'm not surprised

I want to say I'm surprised about Intertech, but I'm not. I've heard bad things about them the whole way around. Our original installer wasn't bad, honestly. Just caused my roof to leak, but I signed the waiver for the install. So I wasn't upset, and just fixed the problem. But every since then, it has gone WAY down hill.

I wish there was someone else in the area who can help me.

At some point

Dish has got to realize that their "installers" are losing business, and they'll have to find other installers.

Dish isn't some all powerful entity that can continue to tick off their customers with no recourse. Sooner or later, the "#@! will hit the fan.

Back when we were originally thinking about switching to dish, we had a choice between intertech and a company out of Franklin PA. I wonder what happened to them...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)