I need a new actuator

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jagee

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 16, 2007
I beleive i have an 18 in. Actuator arm,If i were to get an 24in arm will it move my dish further west and or east.Thank you,I have an 10 foot dish.

Ok i have a SuperJack II + HB i believe it is.Pro Brand International.Still has the phone number from the manufacture.Still works GREAT! to.I was just wanting to reach out futher to the East and West.Is that possible by getting a longer one. Thank you

Its a SuperJack II + HB it says Pro Brand International even the phone number.Is it possible to get a longer one to reach out further East and West,Yes mine still works to.

Yes you can get a 24" Superjack but you have to be careful that extending the arm too far doesn't cause the dish to flip. How far you can go will depend on the mount.

although i don't want to confuse anyone i had a question close to this

here's the link 18" 24" 36" h2h

another thing to consider when making an upgrade
is the new motor 24 v ( most analog receivers are ) is the new motor able to run 24/36 volts ( the v-box pushes at 36 volts , that might be a future upgrade)
my von wise ( and its a little bit more expensive than most motors says it will do both 24V & 36 V)

This might change the subject a little but is my V-Box II better to use for tuneing then my analog receiver or my 4DTV 922 receiver.Im trying to figure the best way to use the equipment i have.

well it depends on who you ask lol
the v box if i understand right is able to make fine tune adjustments with the motor ( small clicks at a time ) it also stores 99 positions
most analog receivers stor 20 or 24 the 4dtv can store 65 ( i think you can manually set them)

its also able to take diseqc commands from a dvb receiver ( so if you tell the dvb receiver to goto g10 --- it tells the v-box to got g10 and it moves the big dish)
this is the method i will eventually goto,

So i guess ill get the v box out tomarrow then and see how it works out.Thank you

Last edited:
not being a C-band guy . . .

...Let me put it this way...

If I were to get a free C-band receiver and 8' dish tomorrow, I'd be inclined to go buy a Vbox...
But then, I really want to do DVB on C-band, not analog nor 4DTV.

Like Gabsphere said above, "it depends on who you ask". :cool:

I personally think it doesn't matter if your analog receiver (or VBox positioner) puts out 24 volts or 36 volts. I'm sure the actuator will handle either voltage.

Al

Were back to my original question tho is,Will a 24in work on my 10foot unimesh oe not.Without it messing up my pole mount or something some people of tols me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts