I need a new hdtv

Status
Not open for further replies.

HatGuy

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2005
New here and need advice.
I just got D* 942 but I need to buy a HDTV.

Looking at samsung HL-R 6768w or HL-R 6768w .

1 Should I wait till after the 1st of Jan for the price to come down?

2 Any one know where I can ge a good price in Dallas/Fort Worth?

3 Is it safe to buy from the internet? What about service if I don't buy local?

4 67" or 61" ?

Thanks in advance.
:hatsoff: HatGuy

riffjim4069 said:
I was able to do a direct comparison between the Mitsubishi and Sumsung 1080p DLPs and the Sony 1080p SXRD (KDS-R60XBR1)...the Sony is clearly the better technology IMO.

Both are behind modern LCDs.

Just say no to overpriced plasma and LCD with its dead pixels, slow response time no thankyou. If it were me I would go with DLP. Most bang for the buck outside of RPTV and only a bulb to replace. ANd Id go with 720p. No one may ever broadcast in 1080p. Your set may be 20 years old before that ever happens.

Last edited:
Well I went for the Samsung HL-R6768W. On Line
at BEST BUY PLASMA W/WHITE GLOVE FEDEX delivery.
Price was 4188.53 total with shipping.

Ordered a Zenith Silver Sensor OTA antenna from
Amazon.com 25.57 w/shipping

I can't wait!!! Hope it gets here before Christmas!!!

Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!:bounce
:hatsoff:

Right there with you, Hatguy

I'm anxiously awaiting delivery of my new Panasonic. I've heard that Sears carries the Silver Sensor antenna? Did you try them? I wanted to go that route because if I'm unhappy with it, it's easy to return. I tried Sears.com and didn't find it, but I guess that doesn't mean they won't have it in the stores...

vurbano said:
Just say no to overpriced plasma and LCD with its dead pixels, slow response time no thankyou.

Both claims are completely false WRT LCDs.

Interestingly enough, at the same time you've missed the real facts: plasma's inferior resolution and LCDs inferior brightness (both compared to each other).

If it were me I would go with DLP. Most bang for the buck outside of RPTV and only a bulb to replace.

And looks way inferior compared to both plasma or LCD. DLP is probably the worst choice for the future. DLPs - for me - are simply old projection technology on steroids. It's not an accident LCD is the fastest growing segment and LCD is the technology - as widely accepted - which is replacing and finally kills CRT finally.

ANd Id go with 720p. No one may ever broadcast in 1080p. Your set may be 20 years old before that ever happens.

Ummm, this is also false. You can already buy 1080p HD movies, on standard DVD disc or in downloadable format.

Last edited:
rnesky said:
I must say you are persistant. Club dish is for people who refer customers they have recruted. What makes you think that screwing the dealer out of $50.00 and putting it in you pocket is correct. Wy don't you get a real job and get off your dead &^%%^$%$#%

Are you high?
:confused:

Anybody knows what this post is about?

HatGuy said:
Well I went for the Samsung HL-R6768W. On Line
at BEST BUY PLASMA W/WHITE GLOVE FEDEX delivery.
Price was 4188.53 total with shipping.
Ordered a Zenith Silver Sensor OTA antenna from
Amazon.com 25.57 w/shipping
I can't wait!!! Hope it gets here before Christmas!!!
Hurry! Hurry! Hurry! Hurry!:bounce
:hatsoff:

Plasma? I think HL-R6768W is a DLP...

BEST BUY PLASMA is the name of the on line store I bought it from.:hatsoff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts