i need an HDTV antenna but need help

NOOOOOOOOOO!

Rule #1: Never buy Terk! They are good looking, overpriced, underperforming junk.

There is no such thing as an "HDTV antenna." There are UHF, VHF and combo antennas.

IF you insist on an indoor antenna, look at the Silver Sensor. Zenith/Sears.

Give us your zip code for more help. Your link did not turn up your stations.

This post properly belongs in the HD over the air forum. You might look thru the posts there for more info.

Since you are 30+ miles from the towers you will most likely have to go with an outdoor antenna. A CM4228 is a good choice for the UHF range that you will require.

I doubt that any indoor antenna will work for you.

You only really need a UHF antenna for your purposes. But you are thirty plus miles away from most stations. A StealthTenna might work for you, especially with the internal amplifier option. But a Channel Master 4221 would be more appropriate for you, if you are willing to put up a roof top antenna. The 4228 would indeed be better, but is larger and may be overkill.

Are you willing to put up a roof top antenna? You won't need a rotor, because it looks like almost all the stations you'd be interested in are close enough together for one aim point to work. I depends upon exactly where in that zip code you are, but it's looking REAL GOOD.

I and 3 of my neighbors use Silver sensors to pick up stations 25-35 miles away, 90-100% signal strength. And now they are called Phillips Silver Sensors. We all have them placed in the attic.

Jag72 is right. At 30+ miles you will probably have problems with a lot of the indoor antennas. The Silver Sensor however may work for you but it is fairly directional which may require you to manually turn it to lock on to various stations.

If you are not afraid of going in the attic or roof, the CM 4221 is good but it is probably overkill. The DB-2 is a great little antenna and is what I use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)