I need help to convert my new ACUBE phablet to English

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
I just bought one of these, http://www.pandawill.com/cube-talk-...android-42-ips-8gb-3g-wcmda-white-p88652.html

It came in with everything set to Chinese. Ugh.. Obviously I know nothing about the language except that it’s very, very alien to me.

Also, I have never owned an Android device before, never even used or held one before.

I know ~nothing~ about Android.

So I looked and found a youtube video that showed some guy “unboxing” a new one of these and I watched and copied him flipping through screen at high speed where the option to change it to English came up.

I did that.

It’s sort of in English now. But the screens are littered with icons that are totally in Chinese, one of them appears to be an app store unique to this device. And of course it too is completely in Chinese as well.

Most of the apps put on the device that are supposed to be unique to it are not at all in English.

I am afraid to delete the apps because I wouldn’t have any idea how to restore them in case they turn out to be important. But then again, I don’t even know what most of them are.

Is there any way I can find out what the Chinese apps are so I can replace them with appropriate English versions?

Or can I just reflash the entire device with a pure English version somehow?

As it is, I do not trust this thing at all, it shipped from Singapore and the box had been opened, the tape seals were sliced open so I have no way of knowing who has tampered with it between here and there.

I don’t know what to do with this thing. I’m really in need of some solid advice here.

Thanks..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts