I need help with my Pansat 2500A

Status
Please reply by conversation.

newguy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
I hope I can explain this without confusing everybody. If you have a Pansat 2500A, you will probably know what I am talking about.
All of the sudden, I can't select a satellite on the antenna setup screen.
After I go to the menu, I select installation, then enter my password. It then goes to the next screen with more options. On the right side is a box with the selected satellites listed. It used to have just G10 and T-5 listed, now it has all the sats listed and a lot of "new" listed. When I go to the antenna setup screen it has all the sats listed on the left side like normal(without the "new" ones), only now G10 and T-5 (along with the rest)are not selected. when I try to select any satellite, it won't let me. I can move through all the sats but it won't let me select one so I can make changes to the settings. I have no way to line up another dish if I can't get to this screen.
I turned off the main power button on the back but that didn't do any good. I also did the factory defaults option, all that did was delete all my channels, I had to go to smart search to reload them. I can still watch the channels on these two sats but they are still not selected on my antenna setup screen.
Anybody with a Pansat 2500A that could give me any help?

newguy said:
I hope I can explain this without confusing everybody. If you have a Pansat 2500A, you will probably know what I am talking about.
All of the sudden, I can't select a satellite on the antenna setup screen.

The satellites you can see but not select just don't have any channels assigned to them.

You'll just need to scan them back in.

n4bbq said:
The satellites you can see but not select just don't have any channels assigned to them.

You'll just need to scan them back in.

I can't even select the satellites that I am watching channels on right now. I used to be able to select any of them in order to align the dish. Now when I try to select one, it does nothing.
I am also not sure what you mean by "scan them back in". The manual that comes with this receiver is not very detailed on how to do anything.

Since you can't select a satellite to make adjustments, like adjust the positioner setting, I assume you don't have any satellites programmed into the receiver except G10 and T-5. So trying a blind search on other satellites wouldn't work.

You should just be able to highlight any satellite on that list with the channel up/down buttons. Since that's not working, and a power reset didn't help, you may want to consider downloading new software from Pansat's site.

I've updated the software on mine a couple of times, and it was painless. You just need the right cable to go to your computer. And the last time I downloaded, it didn't even do a factory reset so I didn't lose any of my channels.

n4bbq said:
If you choose Menu, then Installation, then Antenna Setup, what do you see?

Here's some pictures, maybe they will help. They are not very good, it's hard to take a picture of a tv.
Picture 1, this is what I see after I put in my password. As you can see it shows "new" satellites on the right as selected satellites.
Picture 2, this is what I get when I go to antenna setup. I can scroll through the listed satellites on the left but it will not let me select one. Even the two that I am watching are not selected.
Picture 3, This is the smart search screen. When I select satellite, this list comes up. If I scroll through this list, it shows a lot of "new" along with the regular satellites and some of the regluar sats are listed more than once.

I emailed Pansat tech support but they were no help. There reply was to send it to them so they could look at it. I can get better tech support here.

So, if any of you Pansat experts have any ideas, I'm listening.
(I hope the pictures come through)

Attachments

• install.JPG
    install.JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 205
  • antenna.JPG
    antenna.JPG
    57.6 KB · Views: 220
  • smart.JPG
    smart.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 238
In picture 2, you have to select a satellite and set it up

Pick a satellite and press “OK”. This will move you to the right side of the screen and check mark the satellite. Until you do that, nothing else will work :D

Depending on where your dish is (lets say T5), select that, set the parameters and exit out. Then do a smart scan :D

like this (this is on my 3500, but its the same jist)

Attachments

• IM000279.JPG
    IM000279.JPG
    286.2 KB · Views: 197
Iceberg said:
In picture 2, you have to select a satellite and set it up

Pick a satellite and press “OK”. This will move you to the right side of the screen and check mark the satellite. Until you do that, nothing else will work :D

Depending on where your dish is (lets say T5), select that, set the parameters and exit out. Then do a smart scan :D

like this (this is on my 3500, but its the same jist)

Thats the problem, it won't select. I've used it in the past with no problem, but now it won't work. I set up G10 and T-5 with it. I can scroll up and down the list but no matter what I try, it will not let me select a satellite.

what happens when you select a satellite and hit "OK"

have you tried a hard reboot (turn the unit off via the switch on back)

last resort might be a factory reset

Iceberg said:
what happens when you select a satellite and hit "OK"

have you tried a hard reboot (turn the unit off via the switch on back)

last resort might be a factory reset

When I hit ok it doesn't do anything. it acts as if I didn't hit anything.
I've tried the hard reboot, no change.
I've done the factory reset, all that did was delete my channels.
What I can't figure out is where did all the "NEW" s come from on my list. There are probably 50 of them :confused:
Under selected satellites in picture 1, it used to just show G10 and T-5, now it only shows "NEW" :confused: :confused:

In the first picture, new satellite would change to whatever satellite you selected (if you could)

I'm at a loss here

have you tried to flash the factory software into it?

This is just weird.....I've worked with a 3500 and a 1500 and cant duplicate the problem

newguy said:
I emailed Pansat tech support but they were no help. There reply was to send it to them so they could look at it. I can get better tech support here.

Tell you what. PM me here and I'll send you my e-mail address. If you are familier with gTools, you can read and attach your channel list and I'll look at it and see if I can find out what is wrong.

If that fails, I can send you mine from my 2500a and you can write it onto yours.

This might sound simple, but is there a possibility that your 'OK' button is not working on the remote? You should see a light when you hit the button if its the universal remote...

Tron said:
This might sound simple, but is there a possibility that your 'OK' button is not working on the remote? You should see a light when you hit the button if its the universal remote...
The "OK" button works, I have to use it to navigate through the different menus.

tumpy said:
if you did change the bin you will have to go back to the factory bin and there is sixty sat in there to chose from...
That wouldn't be a problem. I'd be happy to get it back so I could choose.

n4bbq said:
Tell you what. PM me here and I'll send you my e-mail address. If you are familier with gTools, you can read and attach your channel list and I'll look at it and see if I can find out what is wrong.

If that fails, I can send you mine from my 2500a and you can write it onto yours.

Success :D :D :D
Thanks to a lot of patience, time and help from n4bbq, I am back to normal.
I was ready to throw this thing out in the driveway and run over it :tombstone
But now, I am ready to start with the microbud(as soon as I can find the time that is).

@party

Thanks Again Phil, and to all the others that replied.
Thats what makes this the best site on the internet. :bow

newguy said:
Success :D :D :D
Thanks to a lot of patience, time and help from n4bbq, I am back to normal.

Thanks Again Phil, and to all the others that replied.
Thats what makes this the best site on the internet. :bow

Glad it worked out for you, and this is an awesome site. There's a lot of good people here to help us out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts