i need help

free2rhyme

Original poster
Mar 30, 2005
i got a dish network ir remote 103602 andi wantit to work with a sanyo tv what is the code and how do u do it thnx .

thanks but can u give me the url to the site cause i tried that and i got mixed up and how do u program it what u you press thnx.

the easiest way is just do this:

With the TV on

press and hold the tv button until all the lights light up, then release
then press the power button
now keep pressing the channel uo key until the tv turns off.
when the tv turns off hit the # key

Press and hold the "TV" button at the top until all of the top lights come on and then release it....

Type in "590"
Then press "#"

That should work for you, i'm an installer, and for sanyo tv's the code is almost always 590.

Do you have any experience with Memorex TVs?
I've tried the codes listed in the manual for my 501 rcvr remote for both the Memorex and Magnavox TVs, but can't get any of them to work. I even tried the "scan for code" method but no luck there either.

Am I just sol on this tv?

Thanks.

no, honestly, i don't know if i have ever gotten a memorex to work, Sanyo's are so popular around here that I have memorized that code. The only suggestion I might give is to call Dish, if there are any new codes that aren't in the manual, they should be able to give them to you.

Or, if that still doesn't work for you and you really don't want to use two remotes, you might look into getting a universal and just don't use the Dish remote, I can't say for sure that a 501 will work with a IR remote, but I know my 510 worked with a IR remote.

Sorry I can't be of much help...

birddoggy said:
no, honestly, i don't know if i have ever gotten a memorex to work, Sanyo's are so popular around here that I have memorized that code. The only suggestion I might give is to call Dish, if there are any new codes that aren't in the manual, they should be able to give them to you.

Fat chance on any help from them. There are 2 Philips DVD codes listed in the manual. I have a Philips DVD Recorder and neither worked for it. So I checked their web site which shows 3. No luck and neither did the scan work. So I called. They didn't even read their own web site and didn't know about the third code but in any case their answer was "Sorry, we don't support third party devices". No kidding! All I wanted to know was if they knew of any additional codes since all those other THIRD PARTY DEVICES have codes listed!

huh, thats strange, I have called many of times over the last few years and have always been able to get the csr or one of the tech people to give me all the codes that they have, but then again, maybe its cause I was calling the retailer number, i dont know....

I have always found, that if you call and the person that you are talking to doesn't seem like they can help, hang up and call back, usually the next one actually can...

CSR's should always give you codes, if not call back and try another csr... they no doubt have them available..some even the most common one or two so you dont have to go through all 20 of the ones listed.

free2rhyme said:
i got a dish network ir remote 103602 andi wantit to work with a sanyo tv what is the code and how do u do it thnx .

call 1.800.531.5000

get directv installed

dont worry, be happy :)

take the remote, move the top switch to TV , hold down the select and mute buttons until the led lights 2 times , let them go punch in 10154, switch back to directv.....you are done!!!

no more downloads/resets/reboots, and hey it always works!

dont worry, slap charlie

dragon

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)