Status
Please reply by conversation.

aldox

Original poster
Dec 15, 2007
:what
Does any one have instructions for the BSC421 LNB
I need to now how to set this LNB.
How to set the numbers on the side of the body?
What's the small rectangular block for?
Use or not use the cap with small holes?
Any help will be appreciate.
:hatsoff:

the bsc421 is a c-band lnbf
the # on the side are to set the focal distance with the scaler
the numbers on the top are the skew scale and usually set at zero on your TS satellite
small rectangular block i suspect this is the dielectric insert for receiving circular signals ( only a few sats have it and it usually degrades regular signals when using . there are slots inside the feedhorn for this to fit.
the small cap with holes is to help keep things out of the feedhorn and away from the probes

hope this helps

The BSC-621 is a dual band lnbf . It does C band and Ku band.
tell us more about your setup. What size dish, what receiver are you using? We will be able to better help.

Mine came in the mail today and I am planning to install it next weekend. I did open the box and was going to post some questions also. No instructions either.

1. I am not at my dish right now, but I do believe my feedhorn is a Chapparel and that has the bolt set the focal distance. I was told to remove the bolt and take the assembly out and use my existing scaler ring. No problem. If I use the scaler ring that came with the BSC421 the LNBF will not be centered in the scaler and then it will not be centered in the dish. I took a picture of it. Is this normal?

2. Prior to removing the above I am going to measure the distance from the throat to the center of the dish so that the LNB when mounted will be the same.

3. Is there a trick to getting the polarity correct? My plan is to bring my Uniden receiver out to the dish / w TV and hook up the LNBF outside and tune it to TBS and TNT on Galaxy14. If I get those to work, that means to polarity is correct.

Attachments

• DSC02460.JPG
    DSC02460.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 490
  • DSC02462.JPG
    DSC02462.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 477
  • DSC02463.JPG
    DSC02463.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,225
i suspect the BSC421 will fit loose in the chaparel scaler so you would have to check and see.
my asc421 is smaller and had to be shimmed up to fit the standard scaler.

If I use the scaler ring that came with the BSC421 the LNBF will not be centered in the scaler and then it will not be centered in the dish. I took a picture of it. Is this normal?
i think you would have to adjust the scaler until its properly centered in the dish (if you remove the old one). there should be a couple of tabs on the inside of the scaler hole the feedhorn rest on and the third is the bolt to secure the lnbf to the scaler all three of these work together. ( i know its a cheap way to do it). just remember your measurments and work to get the unit level to the dish. heres where a laser pointer comes in handy (or digital level so you can take a reading at the dish plate and the feedhorn)

Is there a trick to getting the polarity correct?
usually setting the skew ( scale at the top of the lnbf) to zero on your TS sat gets the polarity correct. if you set it using Gal 14 you will probably have to manually set the skew

Check your focal centering anyway. Use a tape measure to the edge of the dish from the edge of the scalar ring at three points. Make sure all the measurements are equal.

You may have to shim the 621 in the chaparall scalar ring. I used metal pipe strapping on one side. It worked.

Oh heck, I should have read your topic closer.....I thought you had a 621. ooops didn't realize it said "421".

I have one of those. What I would do is just move the dish to a known good satellite with good signal before you remove your old feedhorn. Peak the signal bumping it east and west.

Connnect your 421 and set it at the f/d point. Marks on the side show f/d

slowly turn it until you get a signal. Take your receiver and tv outside near the dish.
Slowly adjust skew (clockwise/counter clockwise rotation) to peak the signal.
Then peak the signal pushing the lnbf closer to the center of the dish or out away as signal gets better.

After you are satified that it is the best it can be tighten it up making sure it does not move when tightening the set screw.

Regarding my first picture of the LNBF in the scaling ring, why does it not fit tightly and has all of this freeplay? There is no way to get this to mount centered inside the scaler ring. Too much room!

Thanks guys info is good, I'm going to twig tha bud { 10' mesh }

PS: there's no thanks button at the end of each post

bump...
It looks like I will have to use the scaler ring. How am I going to center it or shim it or does it matter?

When I called Skyvision one rep told me it does not have to be centered in the scaler. With C band I can get away with more than Ku. When I explained about the way it fits I was told to return it. I also said there were no instructions included.

Saturday is the change over day.

Status
Please reply by conversation.