I Need Promo Code for XM Activation

Confederate

Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
I was at [Short] Circuit City today and was mulling over the XM Delphi Roady2. They had prepaid cards for varying amounts advertising "Free Activation," but upon closer look discovered the offer had expired at the end of December 2004.

The staff told me the codes would still work, but I'm not the trusting type and a later call to XM confirmed my fears.

Does anyone have any current codes? I would think it would be in XM's interest to be generous in their activation codes, especially if prepaid service is purchased for a year.

I've also been told that XM was not what you'd call a "hot stock" at present and that Sirius might be the way to go. Still, I like XM because of the Roady2 (should be called "Toady" because it's not exactly the most attractive unit, nor is the interface what I'd call intuitive). But I think I'm going to wait for free activation to make a comeback. From what I understand, it's fifteen bucks to activate over the phone; about ten over the Internet.

Anyone with any promo codes, please post here! Obliged.

Confed

while waiting on phone yesterday to do equip. change fom sky1 to sky2.was getting
recorded message going on .about free activation and locking in current sub.rate
w/1 yr. pre paid. call,em and see whats up.

Yep, I just activated an XMPCR in the last month, used the old promo code from December, it said it was invalid, but I didn't get charged an activation fee.

Too bad the JCPenny 1 year free code doesn't work though. I did get 2 recievers in on that one though! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)