I need some help from you Dish Retailers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jlhugh

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 25, 2003
Austin, Texas, United States
My wife's uncle is one. He passed away last night. His wife found out that last week he ordered 6k worth of equipment. They will not take it back. Also it is all in his name only so even if she sold it they would not pay here for it. Also she is not going to get the royalties or whatever they are called that you get when customers pay their bills. This whole business is in his name and dish won't even work with her on it so now his business is pretty much worth nothing since he is dead. All dish is going to do is send her a check for what they own them to date. I know she probably needs to take to a lawyer about this but she has no money now. Has anyone ever delt with this or heard about a situation like this. The family is so mad that he didn't take care of this back when he was diagnosed with cancer. Thanks for any help or advice. If this is not the right forum please move it.

Do you mean $600?. He would have had to bought a gazillion things to add up to 6K.

As a lawyer, I STRONGLY suggest that his wife contact an attorney experienced in probate. This is the type of estate best handled by an individual that knows what he is doing. The local bar association should have some sort of referral service.

Yes it was 6k. Bunch of receivers, dishes and other stuff. I will tell her about the probate lawyer. Thanks guys. I think he charges everything to an AMEX card. Which it too does not have her name on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)