I need some help with my receiver or buying a new one. im a complete audio idiot

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I just upgraded from a Pioneer to the Onkyo and I am glad that I did. I upgraded from the Pioneer VSX-1014TX receiver and like the Onkyo much more.

http://reviews.cnet.com/Pioneer_VSX_1014TX_K/4505-6466_7-31000741.html?tag=sub

I looks that both the Pioneer and Onkyo have almost the same features. I have listed a couple that I saw really quick.

1)Onkyo supports XM and Pioneer supports XM and Sirius.
2)Onkyo supports a powered 2nd room.
3)Onkyo has 4 (3back, 1 front) optical inputs where the Pioneer has 3 (2 back, 1 front).
4)IMO the Onkyo has a better auto setup utility.

If none of these make a difference to you then I think that it is pretty much a coin flip for you. I can say that I read up on the Pioneer VSX_1016TX and the one thing that kept me from it was that it only had HDMI pass through. I did not see any manual online for the model you are looking at so just be careful if you choose this one if HDMI is a requirement.

I still don't quite understand what I'm missing out on by not having audio passthrough as HDMI, if you could explain it to me I would really appreciate it.

I'm sure the reason you can't find a manual online is because it is just getting released this week. Which also kind of makes me hesitant to buy a product without seeing any sort of reviews.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts