Status
Please reply by conversation.

hank123

COLORADO CONNOISSEUR BUD HUNTER
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 8, 2016
N. Colorado
Ok so for the time I am trying to fix my mesh to 97W.
What I have done so far is
Dish is square. All sides are within about 1/8 of each other.
LNBF mesures the same on all 4 sides

Dish is 90 3/8 inches wide 229cm
Depth is 14 1/2 inches 37cm
LNBF set to 39
latitude 40.4
97w should be 42.6 degrees

2 big issues. Cant for the life of me figure out this dam birdog software and what to set. Massive of lack
of understanding this stuff.

Also have no idea where to put my Inclinometer to set lat and elevation.

If anyone has a link to a good video please. Everything im trying is not working.

20160710_200333.jpg
20160710_200315.jpg

Fat Air's BUD Manual is a great resource.

Reactions: hank123
I am going to have to make a video soon. Mr. Titanium explained it in a way that was overly easy to understand.

Reactions: Titanium
Great to see you got it working.

Are you planning on seeing if the motor works and lining it up to the satellite arc?

Yes I am. Need some time to do it.

After messing with it the other night and not being able to get the good feeds off the 97 west I'm on the hunt for something bigger and better. And I may have found it.

Yes I am. Need some time to do it.

After messing with it the other night and not being able to get the good feeds off the 97 west I'm on the hunt for something bigger and better. And I may have found it.
First time I tried setting mine to the arc it took a few days. Then I got a digital level (inclinometer) which made it much easier to setup.

If the offset and elevation aren't set correctly, it will never track the satellites. Here's something you may want to bookmark. dishpointer dot com Once you get the exact GPS location of you home, you can use this to see where a certain satellite is in conjunction to your home. It will even draw a line from your dish location to the satellite in question, and it will give you the data to check your dish's look angle. Once everything is adjusted right, it's pretty easy to get it to track the arc.

The elevation bar must be set true north and south. It will also give you the deviation between true and magnetic north.

Status
Please reply by conversation.